Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF Game 6: Blues vs. Stars | 2 pm CT | NBC | Prepare Your Euology

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I can’t believe we won! I should believe it though. This team has shown they are different than in all other years.
This is a special team.

This team so far has shown balls to the wall resolve out of nowhere.

The kids are the real success story here, rookies who are quickly becoming the missing pieces of the puzzle, I have NEVER seen such courage, resolve and as Perron would say, balls like this before out of fresh called-up rookies, from Binny to Blais, I am so excited by today and the future.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Along the lines of the different team/ballsy decisions, did you notice how O'Rielly was dropped down to the 4th line with Barbashev and Blais in the 3rd period and essentially became our shutdown line. Your best player for most of the year gets dropped to the 4th line in an elimination game and there wasn't any whining or quitting, which speaks to the selflessness of this group of players.

Obviously we had a great 3rd and we got up a couple to ease the pressure, but we were rolling out all 4 lines all 3rd period and there was zero drop off. Thought O'Reilly was more noticeable in the 3rd period than he has been all playoffs and to cap it off, he gets a steal and an assist to Blais. May do wonders to drop him into more of a defensive role instead of having to focus on being a shutdown guy and having to try to carry the offense as well, since it's looked like he's been physically comprised for a couple of weeks now. Lessen the burden somewhat and maybe he'll find his game again.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Along the lines of the different team/ballsy decisions, did you notice how O'Rielly was dropped down to the 4th line with Barbashev and Blais in the 3rd period and essentially became our shutdown line. Your best player for most of the year gets dropped to the 4th line in an elimination game and there wasn't any whining or quitting, which speaks to the selflessness of this group of players.

Obviously we had a great 3rd and we got up a couple to ease the pressure, but we were rolling out all 4 lines all 3rd period and there was zero drop off. Thought O'Reilly was more noticeable in the 3rd period than he has been all playoffs and to cap it off, he gets a steal and an assist to Blais. May do wonders to drop him into more of a defensive role instead of having to focus on being a shutdown guy and having to try to carry the offense as well, since it's looked like he's been physically comprised for a couple of weeks now. Lessen the burden somewhat and maybe he'll find his game again.

I’ve been thinking the same; put ROR in a pure shutdown role since the offense isn’t coming. He just doesn’t look comfortable on the offensive side of the puck, but his defense is still good.

Reactions: shmotz and Bendak

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Leaf fan, foremost, becomming less so in peace. My best friend growing up became the youngest GM in NHL history, I raised all the money for the Leafs unofficial watering spot for 14 years recently.

I have always loved the Blues. I truly, truly hope you guys face the Bruins in the finals. Love Tarasenko. Paralyko. your goalie, your city.

Bring it on Blues. One MORE game!!!!

But gotta tell ya, love the Bruins as well. So good luck.

Oh and I saw Ryan )'Rielly play one hockey game in the OHL and said he should be the top pick in the entire draft.

Guy is a puck geniius, enjoy.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Missed the game but couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the final score on my phone! How did the team look and how well did Blais play?
They played well in the 1st and 3rd and pushed the pace. 2nd period wasn’t good but we hung in there.

Blais was his usual self. Finished a lot of checks and scored a goal. Not bad for a guy who hasn’t played in almost 2 months.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

Oreilly has still looked fine on the pk and made some fine defensive plays by playing smart.

It just looks like his skating is stiff and like his mobility not the best which is destroying his offensive playmaking ability.

I definitely think he has an injury

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
It's not just the offense that's missing from ROR's game, his face off numbers haven't been good lately, either. Makes me think he has a hand or wrist injury.

Reactions: ezcreepin

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think O’Reilly is nursing an injury for sure, it’s also worth mentioning this is the first time in his career he’s been past the first round. Dropping down to the 4th line though without a complaint is the total buy in needed for a team to go far. When players put their pride and their own stats, etc. aside for the greater goal of winning that silver chalice.

Great win today! I celebrated today afterwards but the job isn’t over yet, got to get another on Tuesday! Also Go Avs tomorrow, hopefully they extend their series to a game 7 too.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Okay...

So I lied.

Haha.... F*** you bishop. Just watched the replay 12 times. 115 mph puck to the chest hurts, huh? Yeah I bet.

Parayko needs to unleash the bombs. Break some legs. Maybe even a goalie or two.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Okay...

So I lied.

Haha.... F*** you bishop. Just watched the replay 12 times. 115 mph puck to the chest hurts, huh? Yeah I bet.

Parayko needs to unleash the bombs. Break some legs. Maybe even a goalie or two.
should be a mainstay on top PP unit. dont know what he isnt used

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Okay...

So I lied.

That absolutely hurt like hell. Collarbone shots hurt waaaaaaay more than chests shots and the NHL removed padding from that spot this season as part of their effort to increase scoring.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think Bishop was in some legitimate pain too from the Parayko slapshot. There’s not much padding there to begin with and the NHL removed padding there this season. I’d say he’s got at least a bruised collarbone, will be interesting to see if they start him or Khudobin Tuesday.

Last edited:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
To be fair to the refs, this is about the 5th time this series that Bishop has gone down like he was shot. And I don't think they blew a premature whistle on any of the other ones either.

Love to see ROR moved around. He's just not the same guy out there anymore. Him in a more defensive role will be good for him, because I just don't think his offensive game is coming back anytime soon.

What happened to the Vince Dunn who looked like Shatty 2.0 in the regular season? Outside of his play on the Bozak goal in game 4 (?), he has looked like the stage is too big for him.

JBo didn't completely suck! Yay!

Both the defense and offense stepped up to make it not all Binnington bailing us out. We played a complete game, even before the Bishop nonsense.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think O’Reilly has a back injury, maybe shoulder. It stinks, but if the Blues can survive , any team they’ll face will have similar issues. Hopefully the Sharks / Avs series goes 7.

Reactions: MissouriMook

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Okay...

So I lied.

I honestly think Parayko is afraid of hurting his own teammates with his shot.

Because damn, when's the last time we saw a guy break someone's foot and then injure a goalie with their shot in back-to-back series like he has?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad