Pre-Game Talk: WCSF | Game 5 | Vancouver Canucks @ Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1 | 6:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I am tired of seeing and don't buy all the "we have a bright future ahead of us". If anyone here read the management thread, they would know how crucial this year is. Too many shit contracts on this team which we won't be able to get rid of at least 2 years down the line...And keeping our current top four and goaltender will most definitely cost us something next year. There is also the pandemic (will there even be regular season hockey next year?) and the fact that other contending teams are getting better. The TIME IS NOW.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
There are stars that shine in the regular season but fade in the playoffs, we have Stars that bring it come playoff time. The future is bright with this core. Smart moves need to be made by management in the offseason and that will be crucial, but we are trending in the right direction.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If this is our last game (for who knows how long because of the pandemic), then let's go out fighting.
Markstrom will be our Henry V and this is his locker room speech tomorrow (yeah I know he's Swedish, but **** it :laugh:):

(yes, that is a very young Christian Bale in that clip! Hey, we got Batman on our side! We can't lose!)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
need a quick lead like we did in game 2. Also need a hero among our bottom 6 to rise in need of the team. Someone's gotta do it, I don't care who. Someone's gotta have to get one in.
will also like to see Boeser at least have a good game for once, I know he's not our leader in points, but he needs to represent the depth we have.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The bottom six is going to have to show up big time if the Canucks are going to win another game.
Brock Boeser hasn't scored ,the defence hasn't scored, Quinn Hughes is a -7, Markstrom is looking tired.....but let's just keep going on about the bottom 6.

Its the latest cliche quote du jour......

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This years team is different,
they ain’t gonna just roll over and die.
Love the resiliency of the team.
Go Canucks

the team with the most come back from 3-1 deficits in the NHL. if a team is going to do it, it be the Vancouver Canucks.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
There are stars that shine in the regular season but fade in the playoffs, we have Stars that bring it come playoff time. The future is bright with this core. Smart moves need to be made by management in the offseason and that will be crucial, but we are trending in the right direction.
Yes that Petterson is a playoff player is huge. Hughes has a bit more rounding into playoff form physically.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
1st pairing is getting hammered in this series, Tanev’s getting bounced around a lot, agree Stecher’s been excellent.
Agree with this. Tanev gets a pass from being taller but he gets pushed off the puck a lot. Also he is so defensive at offensive blue line it is difficult to win a faceoff to him. He is wearing down as he started strong and there is no questioning his heart.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
quinn hughes will have 13 points in 14 games and will play 3 rounds into the playoffs as a 20 year old but will be a minus 7.

tell me this 10 months ago? I will take this in a heart beat. He will learn from this.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The team has shown some incredible resilience so far - here’s hoping for some more tomorrow night.

Pettersson and Horvat will have huge games like they did in previous series and in crucial moments. that said those 2 cannot do it alone, and other players will now have to step it up to save the season. Looking at Brock and hopefully Motte and a unnamed hero will come through for us tomorrow.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Canucks have to score first. They also can’t botch powerplays which is what costed us game 3/4.

Reactions: lawrence

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Canucks have to score first. They also can’t botch powerplays which is what costed us game 3/4.
I’d say neutral zone play/bad turnovers is what cost us the game.

Canucks won the special teams battle and would’ve won the game if they squared off Vegas at even strength.

If Canucks can’t clean up the odd man rushes against they are toast. Pp isn’t going to score 3 or 4 goals a game to make up for bad even strength play.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I’d say neutral zone play/bad turnovers is what cost us the game.

Canucks won the special teams battle and would’ve won the game if they squared off Vegas at even strength.

If Canucks can’t clean up the odd man rushes against they are toast. Pp isn’t going to score 3 or 4 goals a game to make up for bad even strength play.

Canucks convert on that 5on3 gift and it's a different game 3. Canucks show killer instinct and score on 1 of the 2 power plays gifted to them and it's a different game 4. You can't blunder gifts like that and expect to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad