GDT: WCSF | Game 5 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBC

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
He was hurt alot when he was younger, in fact I'm sure everyone thought he was injury-prone :laugh: nowadays he seems more durable.

I remember he would retrieve the puck in the corner, wait until the last minute, and then spin to one side while the forechecker crashed into the glass. I remember saying he was going to guess wrong once and get absolutely smoked and I think he did a couple of times. He's learned a lot about minimizing his injury risk....

crashman

FYI:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 29m
Red Wings' Niklas Kronwall fine after taking huge hit, escapes with 'bumps,

55 said he will be ready to go on Monday.

Thanks dude, that's good news!

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
This series reminds me of the Dallas series in '08, I'd never say Chicago couldn't make a comeback, but this series was never ending in 5 games.

I'm hoping this is going to mirror the 2010 Sharks series, where the team that's trailing lays a serious ass whipping on the team with the big series lead, then goes ahead and rolls over the next game once that's out of their system.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
He was hurt alot when he was younger, in fact I'm sure everyone thought he was injury-prone :laugh: nowadays he seems more durable.

Yeah he had all kinds of knee and leg problems early on. Caught a rut skating backwards in warmups one year and broke his leg, that sort of thing.

I'd like to believe he's fine but after reading the reports of him having his right hand all gauzed up and hiding it from reporters (badly), it does give some cause for alarm.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm hoping this is going to mirror the 2010 Sharks series, where the team that's trailing lays a serious ass whipping on the team with the big series lead, then goes ahead and rolls over the next game once that's out of their system.

I can actually see that from this years Chicago team.

We will see what happens tomorrow, though. If Detroit loses this I will have a hard time enjoying game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad