GDT: WCSF | Game 4 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hot take here, this is a pivotal game in the series for the Canucks.

I also wonder how much some homers might try to downplay this fact.

Vegas looks like SC material this year along with TB.

Cmon guys lets turn this around!!!

GOOOO CANUCKS GOOO!!!!!!!!

Man I love this team :yo:

Tie it up
9A15377B-7029-4932-957A-4B91EA64E729.gif

Come out hard and score some f***ing goals! Let’s go, boys!
I have a good feeling. Canucks will win.
Tie it Up
3B16D1DD-027C-45F7-AFE4-6B3BCB2F4A75.gif

Tie it UP
B2B9793A-60AB-4AF1-92F2-49FD2FBF832B.gif

I’ll take even just one (the first goal). Vegas is hard enough to beat, even tougher when they have the lead.
Hoping for a win! ...not even gonna think about a loss. :skeptic:
Tie It UP
E8A22117-4455-410E-8F38-F11B755BADE0.gif

The Canucks are not going to win three in a row on Vegas, so it's do or die tonight. Score first.

Do or die gents...
Tie IT UP
0710A1FD-4F05-49E9-957D-51F6E784D7C9.gif

I hope they can tonight. Or Motte somehow has a hat trick or something lol.

The consistency issues of this team are baffling. They need to play like how they did in game 2
Tie IT UP
C03BB713-2D4B-4AC2-AAD8-9F8CDDAC19C3.gif

Team needs to simplify.

Get traffic and pucks on net.

Fast clean exits are a must.

If this team has proven nothing else in this playoff run is that they're a resilient bunch. I'm fully confident that we'll win this one tonight. They have too much pride and talent to put out another effort like last night. Fleury is coming in cold against a hungry team starving for some goals. The Canucks will feast tonight and this series will be tied. LFG!!!
TIe IT UP
CE0002DB-756A-4D90-8614-0EED166DA6B1.gif

Must win game
Series will be tied by the end of tonight.
TIE IT UP
C9AC99AE-66F0-4236-A54D-A26B7C849164.gif

I don't know if I like the back to back, oh well. Let's go, boys. Must win!

The Canucks will win tonight’s game

It's frustrating watching them score 5 goals then the next night not be able to even complete a pass in the offensive zone.

Clean up the turn-overs leaving the zone.

Get on them quick. As soon as Vegas has been able to settle in they start to shift the game with their speed in transition.
TIE IT UP!
06778DEA-C386-40B6-BA51-A7A0C20C69C3.gif

Canucks have a such a fine margin for error in this series. If Markstrom gives them even 'average goaltending' there's probably no way they can win.

It would help a lot if his defense could win a puck battle and actually clear the puck on their first try....and stop screening him in front. Tanev's positioning on the second goal last night gave him no chance to see the puck, much less make a save.

And they need the pp to have any chance.....another 0-6 night, and it's lights out.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT
WHERE THE GAUDS LOOK DOWN UPON US
WE COME OUT AND SLAY THE BEASTS!

sorry
TIE IT UP!!!!
22CC699A-80C6-417E-A257-3FA12C896F79.gif

Go :nucksGo​

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Re: Hughes - I don’t think the narrative that he’s scared or getting beat up is accurate. IMO, the Wild and the Blues played him way harder and took more runs at him.

Vegas is more like Nicklas Lidstrom vs. The Twins - they’re getting in all the passing lanes, using smart sticks to disrupt all his plays, and keying in on him to prevent him from rushing, passing or shooting well. It’s a high IQ containment strategy that Vegas is pulling off superbly because they have a lot of really smart players.

Yep -- Vegas is really focusing in on Hughes as the engine of our team. Clearly their plan is to force Hughes to give up the puck early and to get sticks in his passing lanes. The way to beat this is to pass the puck and then move -- if we can execute on those give and gos there will be lots of odd man situations and opportunities for us. Quinn needs to pass the puck before making his initial move -- so he needs someone open and available for the pass before he even gets the puck.

When a team plays as aggressively as Vegas, there's always opportunity if we can beat that initial one or two man press.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think it’s incredibly smart for Vegas to go with Fleury for the b2b (assuming they follow through with it). I think in a few years it will be viewed as ridiculous to play the same goalie on both nights.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I wouldn’t make any changes to the lineup except inserting Myers if he’s good to go. The Canucks have gotten better each game and game 3 was probably their best overall game. 2 goals on the first 3 shots was demoralizing as the shots were 12-4 Canucks at one point. For some reason Markstrom does much better if he gets action early. Got to adjust to Tuck’s neutral zone play, he’s burnt us 3 times in 3 games, can’t happen in the playoffs. Powerplay needs to score! Crucial game, let’s go!!

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
What I've learned over the past 3 games is this: the Canucks have to be firing on all cylinders to win, whereas the Golden Knights definitely don't have to be.

The number one thing for us is making quicker decisions with the puck, and getting bodies around the net. Game 1 and for parts of last night, we look terrified of the Golden Knights and can't make a clean pass or shot. We need less cutesy passes on the powerplay and more one-timers.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think it’s incredibly smart for Vegas to go with Fleury for the b2b (assuming they follow through with it). I think in a few years it will be viewed as ridiculous to play the same goalie on both nights.
Seems ridiculous now tbh, unless you have no backup like Boston or Dallas right now.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Some nsfw content up in here lol...

I for one will be too nervous to watch. Actually I have to wake up at 3:30am tomorrow for work, and I don’t want to go to sleep sad. So I hope to wake up to some good news in the early morning before the sun is even out.

Go Nuckies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad