WCSF Game 4: Edmonton Oilers vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM MT 7:00PM PT | ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
It was after, and a clear crosscheck to the face
Yes. It was a clear crosscheck to the shoulder pad that rode up and gently caressed Pietrangelo's face, which I just stated Kane was rightly assessed a penalty for.

If intent to annoy is the same as intent to injure, throw the book at Kane, too. Or maybe they did, because Kane got a misconduct for getting jumped by 4 players tonight.

Reactions: McFlash97

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To be honest I think Edmonton can absorb a Nurse loss more easily than Vegas can lose Pietrangelo for potentially the rest of the series. We’ve got Ekholm to lean on and Kulak’s been playing very well.
Meanwhile Petro and Theodore were awful tonight but we can't afford to not have one of them next game. You'd think the guy who captained a team to a cup would show a little more restraint before doing something that might get him suspended.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Going after someone’s head is far worse than wrists, Kane is just lucky he didn’t connect as good on the cross check.

Both travelled with intent due to frustration, one just happened to connect more than the other
Okay man. We'll see what happens. We already know I was right with the Kane explanation. Let's see what happens to Petro.

Too many people on here don't want to learn, they just want to be right. You'll soon achieve neither.

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Its sad that you might be right, but typically things like that with injury, especially on stars get lengthy suspensions. Especially when the intent is so blatantly obvious. Some guys hide their dirty plays a bit better to make intent not so obvious. Pietro didn't hide anything there, in fact he actually left the play to seek out Drai. Not to compare it to Bertuzzi's play because obviously they're drastically different, but it had the same type of obvious targeting of a player.
Yeah I mean you might catch me on the bias train if there's more of a gray area. There was no gray area here. Stupid and dangerous.

Reactions: McFlyingV

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Kane’s play in game 3 was dumb. Petro’s play in this game was malicious.
No, both were malicious. One can debate the levels of maliciousness, but both had nothing to do with a hockey play.

You can bet the lack of proper discipline to Kane was a factor in Petro losing it against Draisaitl. The overall officiating is the larger issue here.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Okay man. We'll see what happens. We already know I was right with the Kane explanation. Let's see what happens to Petro.

Too many people on here don't want to learn, they just want to be right. You'll soon achieve neither.
What are you even going on about? I think everyone agrees it’s going to be a suspension

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No, both were malicious. One can debate the levels of maliciousness, but both had nothing to do with a hockey play.

You can bet the lack of proper discipline to Kane was a factor in Petro losing it against Draisaitl. The overall officiating is the larger issue here.
You can't unring the bell on the lack of discipline to Kane. As a team leader Pietrangelo needs to get his emotions in check and lead by example. Not take vigilante justice in his own hands.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Pie is probably hoping he gets a couple games. His actions are a result of ptsd from the mugging he took tonight. I hope the league doesn’t suspend him so the boys can keep drilling him every chance they get in the back half of this series.

Reactions: BurnabyJoe7

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You can't unring the bell on the lack of discipline to Kane. As a team leader Pietrangelo needs to get his emotions in check and lead by example. Not take vigilante justice in his own hands.
The fact we’ve had 4 blowouts coupled with some terrible reffing. You just knew eventually this was going to happen

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Regretting with each passing game that the Oilers' coach vetoed a trade for Gudas.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

Ok. Well Kane’s play was in a close game in the first period. It was dumb and could have cost his team. Petro’s was very clearly frustration at the end of a blowout. If they wanted to call a minor of Kane for boarding then I would have been ok with it, but some of the responsibility of the result of that play falls on Petro and his decision to stop abruptly with a checker right on him. It was a bang bang play.

Reactions: iCanada and snag

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Correct, but we're dealing with humans here, and sometime they don't control those emotions. That's why we have officials, but they are fanning the flames. Although I'm always somewhat surprised to see a player snap like that, it's not shocking since that bomb was being heated. It felt like a matter of when, not if.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I would absolutely give Kane more benefit of the doubt than Pietrangelo here. Kane's plan was to skate through Pietrangelo and he turned. Probably still a penalty but it's not on the same level as "I am going to ignore the puck and two-hand slash Leon Draisaitl in the wrist from orbit."

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

When you start comparing an overhead 2 handed malicious slash and the intent to injure to the games best player in the playoffs to Kanes penalty...you start to lose credibility real fast.

Watch hockey much ?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The fact we’ve had 4 blowouts coupled with some terrible reffing. You just knew eventually this was going to happen
Not this necessarily. I'm just hoping Vegas can compose themselves and loon at game 5 like a blank slate and a new chance to outwork Edmonton. But if a couple goals can completely throw them off their game like this I'm sure a Petro suspension will f*** with their heads.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not this necessarily. I'm just hoping Vegas can compose themselves and loon at game 5 like a blank slate and a new chance to outwork Edmonton. But if a couple goals can completely throw them off their game like this I'm sure a Petro suspension will f*** with their heads.
Both these teams are high strung and get far too emotional and lose control. It’s honestly been a crazy series so far

I can see both teams getting a talking to before game 5 and it being a no bullshit allowed game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad