WCSF Game 4: Edmonton Oilers vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM MT 7:00PM PT | ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
You can apply that same logic to Kane last game. The only difference is only one player went down to the ice after it.

Both Kane and Pie went quite a distance with intent. Not justifying it, I just don’t see how it can get more than 1 game
No. Pietrangelo had the puck when Kane engaged. Kane rightly got a penalty. Pietrangelo was trying to take Draisaitl out away from the play. He was being this kid:
4w7k.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It didn't really get Edmonton any advantage... The game was over.

The fact he didnt even get penalized much due to time remaining in the game should solidify a suspension.
If he gets suspended for a game, which he likely will, that just opened up the ice for a team that feasts on open ice.

Losing Nurse...meh. Vegas losing Petro would be huge.

That slash is a result of him getting beat up for four games.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
It's good to see Vegas fans not trying to justify this play by Pie. (Well most of them)
I'm pretty sure that one guy isn't an LV fan. Vegas fans have been weirdly okay and I'm not sure I like it as an Oilers fan . . .

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's good to see Vegas fans not trying to justify this play by Pie. (Well most of them)
There's no justifying it. It's dangerous most of all but incredibly stupid and harmful to the team on the other hand. If he has to sit a game it severely handicaps our defense.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I do think it's fair to mention that Kane didn't really get anything other than 2 minutes for taking multiple strides to crosscheck Pietrangelo up high and caught him in the throat. I agree that there was far greater intent and recklessness here, but it's perfectly valid to point out that Kane got off easy.
For sure, and I didn't like the play by Kane. He probably deserved at least a double minor. This play by Pietrangelo is absolute bullshit level of stupidity and is completely dirty. Its not just accidental dirty, its reckless intentional dirty and clear intent to injure. If they don't make an example of this then its their own fault if something dirty happens moving forward. If Pietro lands that on the wrist and breaks Drai's wrist he gets 10+ games minimum.

Reactions: Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Yeah lets condone going out and 2 hand tomahawking star players wrists. That sounds like a horrible idea. Nurse's instigator was as mundane as instigators go. He didn't drop and start throwing he grabbed onto him and let Hague engage. Hague has been challenged and has challenged guys to fight multiple times in the series depending on who was winning in a blowout. There's a pretty good argument that was a mutual fight from both sides, meanwhile Pietro skated out of his way to 2 hand tomahawk a star player. I've never seen a slash like that not get suspended.
That was definition of instigator. Hague was engaged with another guy. It is not even up for debate Nurse was 3rd man in

In the end they probably both get 1.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That was definition of instigator. Hague was engaged with another guy. It is not even up for debate Nurse was 3rd man in

I
I'm well aware by definition its instigator I wasn't arguing against that based on the definition. I'm saying this is pretty mundane compared to dropping and start throwing on an unsuspecting guy. Nobody has to like Nurse, but he doesn't throw a bunch until Hague has his gloves off and has started throwing himself.

And to your edit, it would be a joke if they get the same. What Pietro did was far more reckless and obvious intent to injure. There's no defence to his actions.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No. Pietrangelo had the puck when Kane engaged. Kane rightly got a penalty. Pietrangelo was trying to take Draisaitl out away from the play. He was being this kid:
4w7k.gif
Pie was just bobbling the puck with his head down with less than 1 second in the period. Kane knew what he was doing

Both very idiotic plays

• Wow
Reactions: GreeningOil

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For sure, and I didn't like the play by Kane. He probably deserved at least a double minor. This play by Pietrangelo is absolute bullshit level of stupidity and is completely dirty. Its not just accidental dirty, its reckless intentional dirty and clear intent to injure. If they don't make an example of this then its their own fault if something dirty happens moving forward. If Pietro lands that on the wrist and breaks Drai's wrist he gets 10+ games minimum.
Not gonna disagree with any of it other than with the way the DOPS works might be more like 4 games minimum even with a broken wrist.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It didn't really get Edmonton any advantage... The game was over.

The fact he didnt even get penalized much due to time remaining in the game should solidify a suspension.
LOL Woodcroft just said EXACTLY what I just said, using the same words. Wear them down and frustrate them.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Ahhhhhhh I thought it was obvious but apparently not.... I was sleeping our way to success, the team was actually meant to come out and play, this is what happens when you don't follow the game plan.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not gonna disagree with any of it other than with the way the DOPS works might be more like 4 games minimum even with a broken wrist.
DOPS is far too inconsistent, especially when players health has been a highlights of the last few years

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
When I said I wanted a 3rd period to mean something... I didn't mean like this. My fault guys, they misinterpreted me.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Its sad that you might be right, but typically things like that with injury, especially on stars get lengthy suspensions. Especially when the intent is so blatantly obvious. Some guys hide their dirty plays a bit better to make intent not so obvious. Pietro didn't hide anything there, in fact he actually left the play to seek out Drai. Not to compare it to Bertuzzi's play because obviously they're drastically different, but it had the same type of obvious targeting of a player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There's no justifying it. It's dangerous most of all but incredibly stupid and harmful to the team on the other hand. If he has to sit a game it severely handicaps our defense.
To be honest I think Edmonton can absorb a Nurse loss more easily than Vegas can lose Pietrangelo for potentially the rest of the series. We’ve got Ekholm to lean on and Kulak’s been playing very well.

Reactions: Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It was after, and a clear crosscheck to the face
It wasn't good. A clear penalty. I don't think anyone would have been too shocked by a major because it made contact with the head.

That said, these two plays are universes apart. As someone who has been on both the receiving end and distributing end of both types of play, I can tell you that one is viewed as a dirty hockey play, and one is viewed as a travesty. For one, I received a major, for the other, I made the news.

There is a clear difference to hockey players and hockey people.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It wasn't good. A clear penalty. I don't think anyone would have been too shocked by a major because it made contact with the head.

That said, these two plays are universes apart. As someone who has been on both the receiving end and distributing end of both types of play, I can tell you that one is viewed as a dirty hockey play, and one is viewed as a travesty. For one, I received a major, for the other, I made the news.

There is a clear distance to hockey players and hockey people.
Going after someone’s head is far worse than wrists, Kane is just lucky he didn’t connect as good on the cross check.

Both travelled with intent due to frustration, one just happened to connect more than the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad