GDT: [WCSF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks | 5.03.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It would be nice if the Oilers could wrap up a game early for a change. Seems like almost every game is a 1 goal game with maybe an ENG.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Couple things I want to see tonight. Talbot going back to having a good game, his last one was ****. I wan't to see the Oilers able to clear a ****ing puck out of their zone for once. Quit ****ing giving up goals right after you score them. The next few shifts after a goal are pretty damn important. Throw some ****ing hits. Don't **** your pants in the defensive zone. And I'm counting on Draisaitl to have a big game. He was atrocious last game.

I like it!

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
A lot of unusual stuff had to happen last game for the Ducks to win, it was rather unconvincing despite the score. It's not in doubt, as long as the real Oilers show up to play the entire game. Also, Lucic should just close-talk Gibson the entire game instead of taking pucks for scenic skates around the O-zone. I would enjoy that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He got 1 more point than Sam Gagner did this season. Eberle is about as effective. We traded Sammy for Purcell as a cap dump.

If Vegas wants Ebs. I would do us a huge favor. 6 mil In dead cap space would sure help

Eberle has a lot better track record than Sammy. That said Eberle needs to get his offense going.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
looking for ebs to have a big game.he was roughed up by media,fans and coach the last few days.c mon ebs you can do it buddy ive seen him be the best player on the ice just have to get that touch back. it will be a battle tonight come out on top oil lets do this!:thumbu:

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I got some nerves for this one.

We couldn't take advantage of the crowd's energy at its two greatest moments last game.

First, after the US anthem moment, Rakell scores on that set play 25 seconds in, electric crowd silenced.

Second, after the captain ties it on an unreal play, a brutal nothing play 40 seconds later gives the Ducks back the lead.

Both of those moments should be translating into dominance thereafter, was disappointed that the team did not take our energy and turn the game into a full comeback.

Need a dominant 60 minutes. I know Anaheim is no pushover, but I've seen us when we're on our game against them, need that bad in a must win. Can't lose home ice advantage, can't drop both home games after the 2-0 lead, and will need as many kicks as possible to close out this Ducks team.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
This one is pretty close to a must win game. If we don't win this one, I'd be very surprised if we win the series.

Let's see if the coach giving the stick to Eberle thru the media can have positive effect tonight and rest of the series.

Got to keep McDavid and Draisaitl together because having Eberle with McDavid just don't work offensively and defensively.

McDavid and Draisaitl can beat Kesler and the shadowing. If they can't, then we're just not good enough yet but let's not beat ourselves by splitting up the bread and butter.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Eberle has a lot better track record than Sammy. That said Eberle needs to get his offense going.

Yes much better. But we all know it's a what have you done for me lately league.

Gagner is only 1 year older and they produced the same this year.

When Sammy hits the market he will get between 2-3 M is my guess.

That is also what I would give Eberle if my team was desperate for a top 6 rw and didn't have the cap space to get a better option.

Just my $0.02

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I dont buy for a second this is a must win for us.

That being said we are going to win anyways, as long as Talbot doesnt play like last game.

I would have him on a very short leash, 2 goals tonight (one soft) I pull him. 3 goals no matter what I pull him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
time to use that great crowd and home-ice advantage!

they haven't had a lead at home since game 2 against the Sharks...not good enough

Oilers win 5-2...McDavid with 3 assists

Well, it's only been 2 games and they won one of those games.

In any event, I have a feeling that whoever wins tonight wins the series. I'm not feeling too great about the Oilers chances tbh, the Ducks have been the better team throughout the majority of the first 3 games. Just too deep throughout their lineup and the Oilers just aren't getting enough from their 2nd, 4th line and bottom pairing. Too many passengers.

They need to come out with some **** and vinegar tonight and be the aggressors for a change like they did in Game 2 and late in Game 5 against the Sharks. Treat it like a Game 7

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Talbot owes the team this time for a change after last game. If the Oilers can somehow manage to play like they did during last games 2nd period for the majority of this game they will win.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the oilers have only lost 3 games in these playoffs, one was an OT loss in game 1, the other 2 were runaways that both started with a goal against minutes into the game. Calm Talbot stands on his head int e hfrist few minutes and the oilers win this one by 2Gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad