GDT: [WCSF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks | 5.03.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Have a good feeling about this one. Talbot usually bounces back really strong after a bad outing. Go Oil

Cogliano13Gagner89

Nov 3, 2007
Oilers Misery
Posts like this need to be shut down. Eberle is a top line scoring RW. Only 20 RWs got more points than he did this season, and it's regarded by most to be a very down year for him. He has tons of value, it's ridiculous to talk about giving Eberle away for nothing. I had enough issues trying to defend this point against a Nashville fan and Flames fans on the trade board, let's not add fellow Oiler fans to this list.:shakehead

Only 20 RWs? 20 is a lot lol Its not like you're saying only 20 forwards got more points than him.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Just watched some practice raw vids. Eberle is as hard on himself as anybody here IMO, and he knows what he has to do. Same thing was said by TMac as far as his D game vs offensive game. I'm hoping he'll break out of this funk tonight, but who knows.

Go OIl.

@ Puritania.....**** I hate that song. haha

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just watched some practice raw vids. Eberle is as hard on himself as anybody here IMO, and he knows what he has to do. Same thing was said by TMac as far as his D game vs offensive game. I'm hoping he'll break out of this funk tonight, but who knows.

Go OIl.

@ Puritania.....**** I hate that song. haha

Haha, I like it now. It was used to wonderful effect on It's Always Sunny, and was part of some good moments in Saints Row the Third.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Strange to be saying this for a game 4 when we're up 2-1, but I feel this is a must win for the Oilers.

Good thing is that Talbot rarely has back to back bad games, but someone else needs to step up today.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Couple things I want to see tonight. Talbot going back to having a good game, his last one was ****. I wan't to see the Oilers able to clear a ****ing puck out of their zone for once. Quit ****ing giving up goals right after you score them. The next few shifts after a goal are pretty damn important. Throw some ****ing hits. Don't **** your pants in the defensive zone. And I'm counting on Draisaitl to have a big game. He was atrocious last game.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Posts like this need to be shut down. Eberle is a top line scoring RW. Only 20 RWs got more points than he did this season, and it's regarded by most to be a very down year for him. He has tons of value, it's ridiculous to talk about giving Eberle away for nothing. I had enough issues trying to defend this point against a Nashville fan and Flames fans on the trade board, let's not add fellow Oiler fans to this list.:shakehead

Please. I doubt Vegas would even take him.

However if the Oilers could convince Vegas to take him, I would literally drive him to the airport. Such a useless player.

Has no drive or heart. Just expects the play to come to him and it hasnt for years.

He is talented so he still gets a few points but he does not make this team any better.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
please for the love of god, nobody say "McDavid is going to have a huge night with xxx points. I feel it"
every time someone says something like this, it never happens. I think that's the true jinx for the team.

I'm onside with the people who think the oilers lose the series if they lose this game. badly outplayed the last two games, the wheels are getting a big shaky for the boys on the bus. one more bad game and it may go right into the ditch.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Strange to be saying this for a game 4 when we're up 2-1, but I feel this is a must win for the Oilers.

Good thing is that Talbot rarely has back to back bad games, but someone else needs to step up today.

It really isnt... We are guaranteed atleast one more home game after this. That one would be THE must win game.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Please. I doubt Vegas would even take him.

However if the Oilers could convince Vegas to take him, I would literally drive him to the airport. Such a useless player.

Has no drive or heart. Just expects the play to come to him and it hasnt for years.

He is talented so he still gets a few points but he does not make this team any better.

Are you talking about Eberle or Pouliot...

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
please for the love of god, nobody say "McDavid is going to have a huge night with xxx points. I feel it"
every time someone says something like this, it never happens. I think that's the true jinx for the team.

I'm onside with the people who think the oilers lose the series if they lose this game. badly outplayed the last two games, the wheels are getting a big shaky for the boys on the bus. one more bad game and it may go right into the ditch.

To late. I said it. Now watch it happen.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

where have you been? it's been like that all year. now at the point where you just have to let it go. you'd have better luck getting trump to stop tweeting than you would to get an eberle hater to be quiet.

as least that guy who said the oilers would never make the playoffs with eberle in the top 6 was very wrong.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It really isnt... We are guaranteed atleast one more home game after this. That one would be THE must win game.

The Oilers have been better on the road than at home these playoffs... If we win tonight I'm pretty confident we can close it out in game 5.

If they lose they likely lose in 6.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oilers winning 5-2 breakout game for nuge with 2 points and mcdavid with 2 goals.

Book it

I honestly think this isn't going to happen.

The teams are so close, and the defense is too tight. These games are going to be won by depth.

DD Poo Kass TestTube Slepy Nurse, and Benning are gonna be the kinds of guys that win our games for us.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton

You must be new!:sarcasm:

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I honestly think this isn't going to happen.

The teams are so close, and the defense is too tight. These games are going to be won by depth.

DD Poo Kass TestTube Slepy Nurse, and Benning are gonna be the kinds of guys that win our games for us.

Fair enough.

My thoughts were thar the Oilers are due for an offensive breakout game and talbot is due for another strong game. I think the game will still be close but the Oilers will come out the stronger younger team in the 3rd and take it away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad