GDT: WCSF Game 4: Blues @ Stars | 8:30pm CT (NBCSN) | Under The Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
this game tonight reminded me of that piece of **** game they played in g3 vs winnipeg so I am expecting a much better game from the Blues. But I still think they find a way to lose G5, their 5on5 play sucks ass this entire series. Its a whole lot of one and done garbage with minimal effort and intensity.

I think they've relied on Binny for too long, had some puck luck, and Bishop softies. Our top 6 isn't doing much. We haven't gotten to our A game in this entire series. Now Dallas has the wind at their backs. If something doesn't change, I'm thinking Stars in 6. I know I'll draw fire for this, but I don't see the killer instinct or urgency. I see it in other teams (CBJ, Canes). We seem cavalier in how we view playoff games. It's unsettling.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Was not able to watch tonight but listened on the radio. Sounded like Dallas just came out desperate and the Blues just couldn't answer. Bouwmeester was a mess in his own zone and Thomas was our best forward as the top 6 was pretty quiet once again.

Pretty accurate???

Is it time to split up O'Reilly and Tarasenko? Just doesn't seem like they are clicking anymore. All there points have come from individual play or PP. I would hate to break up that 3rd line but I have wanted to see Thomas with Vladi all year. Maybe now is the time?

Schwartz - O'Reilly - Perron
Schenn - Thomas - Tarasenko
Sundqvist - Bozak - Maroon

I agree that Vladdy and ROR need to see other people for a while.
That said, the first thought that comes to my mind is re-uniting the Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko line.

Let ROR play a few games with Perron and Sunny. I think he's trying to "be the leader" and that has him pressing far too much. Take the offensive burden off him a little bit and let him simplify his game. The points will come if he relaxes a little bit.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Here’s that ROR bank shot attempt. Would have loved to see an overhead view, but I’m not surprised the NBC Stars Network elected not to show it :sarcasm:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Vancouver backwards guy called Binnington a "fascist"on the mains. :facepalm: I had to read that several times before I believed my eyes.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The Vancouver backwards guy called Binnington a "fascist"on the mains. :facepalm: I had to read that several times before I believed my eyes.
For real...that dude is something else.

@Vladys Gumption @EastonBlues22 can we thread ban that guy from the series thread on the mains and/or the GDT’s on the mains? He literally contributes nothing but troll after troll

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
For real...that dude is something else.

@Vladys Gumption @EastonBlues22 can we thread ban that guy from the series thread on the mains and/or the GDT’s on the mains? He literally contributes nothing but troll after troll
Depends on if he's actually breaking any rules. Trolling is annoying and a waste of time but the guy's only practicing free speech at that point.

Reactions: OSA

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Here’s that ROR bank shot attempt. Would have loved to see an overhead view, but I’m not surprised the NBC Stars Network elected not to show it :sarcasm:

He should have done like Yzerman and just starting pointing at the net and celebrating -- league would have at least reviewed it then.

I was awake for 2 days and passed out just before the game started. Nice to know I wasn't the only person to sleep through this game. Even just watching highlights that female announcer was terrible. On the bright side, Binnington did not look bad, if the defense will actually play defense and get in the passing lanes then he'll be back to his .998sv% in no time.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Schwartz-O'Reilly-Tarasenko

Schenn-Sundqvist-Thomas

Maroon-Bozak-Perron

Steen-Barbashev-Fabbri

Not crazy about making multiple changes at once. Thomas is ready to move up. The guy is off the charts with his puck management skills. Thomas is an awesome read and react player who is very good at cycling. Schenn and SunnyD are perfect cycling line mates for Thomas.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Woof. With each loss this board becomes more unhinged. Not a great game obviously but they won one down there and that’s all that matters. Best of 3 with the possibility of two of those at home, certainly not the end of the world. Berube and the staff have shown they can and will make adjustments and I have faith they’ll tighten things up in the defensive zone; I’m hopeful we see the Blues best game of the series tomorrow. It’s still out there in front of them, I just don’t think they matched Dallas’ desperation in any facet of the game last night.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
These forums are not a platform for discussing the anatomy of fans. It's OT at best, and offensive at worst. If you feel compelled to comment on how others look, there are other corners of the internet for that sort of thing. It will not be tolerated here.

Also, do not bypass the swear filter, as I'm tired of wasting my time editing posts for that reason when I have bigger problems to deal with. We can all tell what you're f***ing saying by the context. (See?) Just type the word and let the filter do its work. That's why it's there.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Toronto would have most definitely reviewed that chance by ROR and play would have been halted with a horn if they determined it went in. From my vantage point, it looked close, but I don't think it crossed the line. Bummer but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad