GDT: WCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Edmonton Oilers | 5:30PM PT | Can we show up this time around?

Who did it better?

• The City of Edmonton

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Roger Smith

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
There's no longer any doubt as to who the better 5on5 team is. That was the key before the series and has been the biggest deciding factor in each game. If the games are decided at even strength we'll win. If they aren't we won't

Feel for LB. These last 20 or so games was the height of his career and now it looks like his season might be over. I believe in Hill as long as he's not playing pucks behind the net. He goes down though and we may as well just pack it up.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
There's no longer any doubt as to who the better 5on5 team is. That was the key before the series and has been the biggest deciding factor in each game. If the games are decided at even strength we'll win. If they aren't we won't

Feel for LB. These last 20 or so games was the height of his career and now it looks like his season might be over. I believe in Hill as long as he's not playing pucks behind the net. He goes down though and we may as well just pack it up.

Didn't get a chance to pop in after the game 2 loss but my thoughts after that were that this series is where Cassidy is going to have to earn his entire year's paychecks. We got him for times like these and in game 3 he seemed to have the team up to the task, but two more are required.

This series, to me, hinges on our forward group, led by Karlsson and Stone, continuing to frustrate McDavid and Draisaitl enough, and our PK killing about 60% of any powerplays. Do that and I think we are better five on five to take the series.

So far I feel pretty good with Hill in the net. He looked much more confident and calm during game 3 than Brossoit has at any point in this series. I don't view it as a downgrade at all, but if Hill continues his game 3 form it may even be an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad