GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rags win on a horrible call by the refs. No mention by Loiue/Singh/SN panel.

League is such a joke. Canes just got screwed in a 2OT game.

Reactions: Shad5150

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Devils fan coming in peace.

With the Devils potentially interested in Woodcroft as coach (or at least fellow Devil fans thinking he, along with Berube are the serious contenders so far), what system would you say Woodcroft plays.

I admittedly don't watch much Edmonton games so, that's why I come here.
I think the Vegas series broke something in his mindset and approach. He tried to implement some sort of complex, confusing defensive system that no one knew how to play on the ice and they bled goals against at 5 on 5 and the PK. He was too stubborn to go back to basics and hung his hat on overplaying McDrai together while keeping the bottom 6 on the bench when he seemingly trusted them more the season before.

The Sharks loss was pretty much the nail in the coffin and he was seen saying something like “That might be it for us” to Manson as they walked off the ice. They went 0/4 on the power play that game and just to show ice times, McDavid was over 24 minutes, Leon 23 and Bouchard was on for 26. Against San Jose.

If he learned from his mistakes and just goes back to doing what he did when he replaced Tippett, I think he’ll be fine for NJ. But you won’t know what version of Woodcroft you’re getting.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The Stanley cup favourites are nearly on the ropes already.

:rolleyes:

Impressive how the Canes regular season wonders keep convincing the world they could win a cup.

Guentzel was a good add as someone that can actually score in playoffs, but probably not enough.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
30 years ago, the Rangers, Knicks and OJ dominated the headlines, 30 years later....
And Vancouver made the finals :oops:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
New York actually looks formidable AF, especially if Shesterkin plays like that. Canes are frauds IMO

I don’t think are frauds. They are a good team but when you don’t have high end offensive talent, its hard to really go anywhere. That being said, theres no reason their PP should be that terrible. I do wonder if Brind’Amour has become stagnant with his high volume, low scoring chance system.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Leah Hextall has a Vulcan style haircut. Live long and prosper Leah, oof.
Man...you weren't lyin'

9aea877f7c08a946f62bc916cdc0ae7f.jpg

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I don’t think are frauds. They are a good team but when you don’t have high end offensive talent, its hard to really go anywhere. That being said, theres no reason their PP should be that terrible. I do wonder if Brind’Amour has become stagnant with his high volume, low scoring chance system.
Frauds isn't the right word, we'll say pretender instead. I just never took them seriously as a team that can truly go all the way like many others seem to.

I don't know I don't buy it. Maybe it's like you said because they don't have a true superstar.

I'm definitely buying the Rangers in this series and if Shesterkin keeps up this level, they'll probably represent the east in the final.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No one scores for the Avs but the stars. At some point that will catch up with them.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Games on TV have basically become video games. Another nail in the coffin of Gary’s legacy of game ‘improvements’.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
6 shots on goal in the last 35 minutes against a goalie who was playing like crap is not a good recipe for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad