GDT: WCSF | Game 3 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Aug 29 | 6:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Man.. when I said the Canucks were going to the Cup back in February, that was a bit tounge in cheek.

After last nights win showing how we can come back, adjust, and burn teams that seem impossible to beat.. do we actually have a chance?

Crazy times and I’m just glad we’re getting things done. Let’s take Game 3!

I got trashed back in January for suggesting the Canucks could make the conference finals because the Pacific was so weak.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How did the sharks beat them in last year's playoff? I'm reading the wiki now as I didn't pay much attention to that series. Looking at the wiki, the sharks apparently came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series. The scores of the 3 Vegas winning games seem very decisive too. What strategies did the sharks employ to come back in such monumental manner? Canucks need to study that closely.

The mentally weak roster of Vegas collapsed because of one call.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Vegas is going to come strong here... I think Markstrom is going to get peppered hard the first period. Markstrom needs to hold the fort and our forwards need to capitalize on the counter attacks.

We played well, but Vegas had a really weird first period last night. I don't know if they were overconfident or rattled by the early goal and trying too hard to get it back but they really lost their gameplan. They're all about puck support and possession and holding up the play, but what we saw in the first yesterday was a ton of forced low-percentage passes into traffic to create turnovers. Nothing like what we've seen in the other 5 periods of hockey in this series.

I would not expect that to happen again.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I thought I hated the Blues but this Knights' team is something else. Running around like a bunch of goofs when the score got out of hand, I loathe teams that do that. Lose with some class, I hope we kill these guys.

In the main boards, there was many Shark fans that hate Vegas and cheered us on to take them out... Now i'm not surprised, I'm really hating these Vegas goofs.

David Perron is an angel compared to them.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I thought I hated the Blues but this Knights' team is something else. Running around like a bunch of goofs when the score got out of hand, I loathe teams that do that. Lose with some class, I hope we kill these guys.

Jeez, this sport has gotten soft. Does nobody remember what games in the 1990s were like when they were out of hand?

Also we were 100% trying to start more stuff late in Game 1 than Vegas did in Game 2.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
RE: Myers, I feel like he's more likely for a possible Game 6. With Games 5 and 6 on back-to-back days, they may not want to have him get banged around in Game 5 and then not have enough time to recover and potentially reaggravate the injury. But that could be a nice ACE up our sleeve to pull out for the second game.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Jeez, this sport has gotten soft. Does nobody remember what games in the 1990s were like when they were out of hand?

Also we were 100% trying to start more stuff late in Game 1 than Vegas did in Game 2.

I think it's Vegas' cockiness that's really annoying... the chicken noises, the little squirt.. Excited for the next game.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
How did the sharks beat them in last year's playoff? I'm reading the wiki now as I didn't pay much attention to that series. Looking at the wiki, the sharks apparently came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series. The scores of the 3 Vegas winning games seem very decisive too. What strategies did the sharks employ to come back in such monumental manner? Canucks need to study that closely.

Mental collapse by Vegas. I’m telling you every playoff round expect the cup final these guys had it easy and cakewalked the other team. They let off the gas because they think it’ll be handed to them and it costs them the Sharks series. Which ended with a colossal game 7 collapse.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
re: the marchessault thing, i enjoy an athlete melting down on the public internets as much as anyone but it's also kind of a dick move to pollute a photo tribute to his wife on their anniversary. looking at his ig, it's mostly family and kids photos but could ppl at least troll him on one of the hockey photos instead?

this is not a good look

Marchessault’s retorts didn’t appear to dissuade his harassers. A search of Marchessault’s two most recent prior posts, one from earlier in July and one in May, had been commented on after Tuesday night’s game.

Both posts included pictures of his children.

“(Expletive) yo son bruh,” wrote @pole4271 late Tuesday night, the first comment that had been added to the post in more than four weeks.

A further search of social media revealed screenshots of Marchessault lashing out at commenters in the past, though the outbursts typically came in response to posts on comments about his children that would incorporate them into the diving references.

Knights forward’s Instagram account posts profane response

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think it's Vegas' cockiness that's really annoying... the chicken noises, the little squirt.. Excited for the next game.

Honestly, I find the G-rated trash talk hilarious. It reminds me of the stuff we said playing hockey/softball with my friends when I was, like, 11 or 12.

Reactions: Josepho

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Didn't see this in GDT last nite, but on Vegas' first goal off the aerial pass, a Canuck fwd was coasting back instead of staying with Tuch. If it was TT then ok, 1st game back may not have the lungs. But otherwise, there can't be floating on the back check. It's those efforts away from the puck that make or break close games.

Reactions: vanuck and ugghhh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad