GDT: WCSF Game 3 | Of Fences and Men | SJS @ COL | 7:00 PM PST | NBCSN KFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I think I saw some visiting Sharks fans throwing things at Avs fans near the end of the game smh

My feed was a little blurry, but I think it was just Sharks fans trying to throw hats on the ice from high up.
That would definitely make a lot more sense. Those would be some bizarre fans otherwise.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Needed to win that one. If Avs came back to win that game they could have ridden that momentum to the next round. Now Avs face some pressure to win game 4 while our boys hopefully keep doing what they did in the first couple periods (with more finish). Jones game has been very strong. Just keep playing hard and we win this series.
Tell that to Vegas...:laugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The broadcast guys were really feeding into the momentum aspect of the home crowd tonight.

Pierre chiming in that he simply thinks Colorado was the higher energy team leading to the possession domination. Totally false. The Sharks, for whatever reason, sat a forechecker back in the neutral EVERY single zone entry. Zero forecheck, still outnumbered through the neutral, thus clean zone entries for Colorado. Not sure what Pierre was watching in that 3rd period. Also not sure what PDB was game planning for there. Clearly wasn’t a good plan of attack against the strong possession playmakers they have. Rants, Mac, Labdeskog, Soderberg feasted.

I think a combination of lead protection and Colorado pushing just didn't let the Sharks establish their forecheck.

CHALUPA

Oct 9, 2008
Stockton, CA
Feels like the Shark's really should have done better. They let Colorado back into this game. You'd like to see them convert on the PP...you'd like to see Kane deliver on the checks he is writing.

A win is a win but Sharks can do much better. Even in this series it feels like Colorado can make some adjustments and be very dangerous.

For sure. Seems like he is the beneficiary of the Sharks overvaluing him over Perron, True, or Suomela and he continues to drop the ball.

I mean, I think the Avs are very dangerous. There’s a fine line between a team playing poorly and letting their opponent back into the game, and the opponent playing well and imposing their will. This series is entirely going to be based on how the Sharks contain the Avs top line. That’s a talented group, and they’re going to earn momentum and push their team forward, sometimes.

I think the Sharks played a sound defensive game, and earned their bounces for the most part. The Avs are legit, though, so I don’t think any of these games will ever be easy.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I think a combination of lead protection and Colorado pushing just didn't let the Sharks establish their forecheck.
Another part of that is the sharks looked gassed in the 3rd. Sharks were mostly clearing the zone and doing a quick change, and it's tough to develop a forecheck when getting off the ice on every clear is the bigger priority.

Reactions: Led Zappa

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Delayed notes b/c I went for some food right away after the game.

Braun on radio postgame interview:

- [on the PK] we've been working hard the whole playoffs, but we haven't been rewarded, now we're getting rewarded, guys are going out there working every second, blocking shots, getting clears, you start putting that together and you get results
- [on the 1st period turnaround] I think it was just our forecheck, we finally got in, I think we weren't putting pucks where we wanted to and they were having easy breakouts, but then we got it going about halfway through the period and played our game, and you can see the difference
- [on the pushback after the tying goal] I'm not really sure there, Cooch's line went out there and made a nice play and nice shot, but no panic on the bench, we've come back from big deficits these playoffs so we don't worry about that, we just gotta keep going and playing
- [on D-man TOI] I think we did a really good job, the altitude up here can be a factor but we were changing really quick, every time we got it out, fresh legs because you get hemmed in and you get tired quick when you're not used to it

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Btw guys do you know why we won? You know Avs home arena is called Pepsi center. I never drink Pepsi because I prefer Coca cola lemon instead but today (Or technically yesterday but I count it as today because you guys are still 30th of April) I drank Pepsi because our school's wending machine didn't have anything else and I think that's why we won and hockey gods were happy. So does that mean I have to drink Pepsi also on Thursday before the game?

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
I noticed that in the last game, too. With the lead, the Sharks turtled into a 1-2-2 both games. As soon as Colorado tied it up this game, they switched into a two-man forecheck and got the lead back. Funny how it's easier to score goals when you try, no?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Great win!! Logan carried us offensively and Timo and Gus made like good soldiers and scored points for the baby child (ugh)
Jones, once again showed up and is leaving his critics in a heap behind him.
The pro Avalanche commentary led me to want to vomit.
We hit the iron 3 times, when Colorado did, they gushed about it. Insane.
Our boys can put the foot to the neck if they can put another win in the bank.

Go Sharks!!

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Feels like the Shark's really should have done better. They let Colorado back into this game. You'd like to see them convert on the PP...you'd like to see Kane deliver on the checks he is writing.

A win is a win but Sharks can do much better. Even in this series it feels like Colorado can make some adjustments and be very dangerous.

For sure. Seems like he is the beneficiary of the Sharks overvaluing him over Perron, True, or Suomela and he continues to drop the ball.
In the NHL Ive always felt that the best teams are the ones who are able to win without bringing their A game.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I was just poking fun at a controversy on the main board (that I very briefly skimmed over) where apparently Sharks fans at SAP threw towels at a pregnant lady in the lost game 2 or something.
Now that is really strange.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Bednar: "Our dumps were soft and cute."
900.jpg

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
You know Couture was thinking about that hat-trick celebration when the Aves pulled Grubauer. But Melker mauled him and Couture had to break-free for a bit. He also dodged Meier after his second goal. :laugh:

Couture has had at least 36 hugs this post season already. He's got to duck a few and stay fresh.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I really like their coach. Seems like a classy dude.

I think this was a good road win. We let them back in, yeah, but they've got some amazing players that can take over a game. Luckily, so do we and Cootch managed to carry us through this game (what a player, man...).

I really, really, really would like them to win next game... and then finish it at home.. and then get some rest. They are starting to look exhausted at the ends of games. It'll really help to get Donskoi back and Pavs (though I'm not counting on the latter).

Reactions: BigDmitriy and Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad