GDT: WCSF | Game 1 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN, CBC

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Babs whispering in Z's ear: "Can you set up tee times for next weekend? See if you can get something for Sunday morning, not too early"

Aug 6, 2012
Really going to piss me off this year when the 2 teams I hate most win championships (penguins and the heat).

I actually have a hard time seeing how people could NOT hate either Crosby or Lebron.

But that's just me.

I respect the hell out of LeBron. The guy has really matured.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I hope Holland feels as horrible about not signing a legit #1 D-man now as I do. Our forwards and goalie are fine. Our D SUCKS.

No he likes our team. He'll continue to believe that til I see cows in my driveway.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I respect the hell out of LeBron. The guy has really matured.

Ok, should have clarified.

I respsect both Lebron and Crosby for their respective talents.

I hate the way both of them carry themselves and some of the things they have done which is why I dislike them both.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
only one positive and that was jimmy. well, i guess the 3rd line was arguably a positive as well.....

totally outplayed tonight all over the place, but the guy i'd single out on the wings is kronwall. he's meant to be the leader of the D and the reliable one surrounded by a bunch of muppets/youngers/both, but from almost literally the start he was awful. nearly gifted them a goal on his first shift and he didn't really improve from there. like i said, they dominated us and not many people emerge with credit, but kronwall set the tone, really. goes without saying that we need a much better effort in game 2.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Tonight's game is the reason we need to retool the bottom line and bottom defensive pair next season.

4th line is supposed to spark something in this game (Abby tried and failed) but we sit the one guy who can do that for us.

Babcock made horrible adjustments to the more aggressive forecheck, I expect that to be fixed and adjusted for next game.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Pathetic team effort after the 1st period.

It's almost like they said" alright boys, good first period. Take the rest of the night off and we'll go get em on Saturday"

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Franzen's effort on that EN was sickening. Under Bowman, or Babcock a few years ago, he'd be on the fourth line to start next game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Well, it's just one game. Must win Game 2.

Smith needs to sit. Bring in White. I'm not gonna say who should sit. But Tootoo, Tatar need to play. Wings were really screwed by the refs putting away the whistles in the 2nd half of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Not enough shots or pressure. Hard to blame it all on the D when our offense can't keep it in the Hawk's zone.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Remember how Smith looked really good last year on the Wings?

Timing is pretty important in development in my opinion. Having players take the right jump at the right time and then letting them ride their momentum is pretty important. Feel like we miss the boat often with that one.

Think we shouldn't ever have sent Smith back last year. Same with Tatar this year. It's really dumb if you ask me.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
This thread needs some optimism.

We kept it tied until halfway through the 3rd against the best team in the league on the road. Go team go!

MagicSlap*

Wings just don't have enough, the time is passed, blow the team up

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad