GDT: WCSF | Game 1 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN, CBC

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie​
[/FIELDSET]

wcs_game01.png

[fieldset="Game & Series Information"]

Game Information​
| _
TV:​
|
NBCSN, CBC​
Radio:​
|
Referees:​
|
Dan O'Rourke (#9) and Kevin Pollock (#33)​
Linesmen:​
|
Scott Cherrey (#50) and Brian Murphy (#93)​
Video Judge:​
|
Brian Hecht​
Ntl. Anthem:​
|
Jim Cornelison​
Standby referee:​
|
Steve Kozari (#40)​

Click here for NHL.com preview

Round 2 Playoff Schedule
Home | Date | _Game#_ | _Time_ | TV (HD) | _Winner_
small.png
| Wed, May 15 | Game 1 | 8:00 PM | NBCSN, CBC |
small.png
| Sat, May 18 | Game 2 | 1:00 PM | NBC, CBC |
small.png
| Mon, May 20 | Game 3 | 7:30 PM | NBCSN, CBC |
small.png
| Thur, May 23 | Game 4 | 8:00 PM | NBCSN, CBC |
small.png
| Sat, May 25 | Game 5 | TBD | TBD |
small.png
| Mon, May 27 | Game 6 | TBD | TBD |
small.png
| Wed, May 29 | Game 7 | TBD | TBD

Team Comparison:
detroit.png
| vs. |
chicago.png

7 | Games Played | 5
4 | Wins | 4
3 | Losses | 1
0.571 | P% | 0.800
2.57 | G/G | 3.40
3.00 | GA/G | 1.40
24.0 | PP% | 15.4
72.0 | PK% | 100.0
31.1 | S/G | 33.8
32.1 | SA/G | 27.8
51.8 | FO% | 49.8
[/fieldset]

chirl.jpg
game1j.jpg
detla.jpg

[FIELDSET="Series Recap"]Game 1:
Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks 0 - 0

Recap | Boxscore | Video | Photo Gallery
Red Wings reaction | Blackhawks reaction[/FIELDSET]

chicago.png

Roster | News | Video | Photos
[fieldset="Chicago Blackhawks"]

In the spotlight:
Right Wing | Center | Defenseman (L)
hossa.png
|
toews.png
|
keith.png

Team Statistics:
Goals Scored | Assist | Points
Patrick Sharp (5) | Patrick Kane (5) | Patrick Sharp (6)
Plus/Minus | Goals Against Average | Goalie Save Percentage
Duncan Keith (+5) | Corey Crawford (1.32) | Corey Crawford (0.950)
Wins | Shut out wins | Penalty Minutes
Corey Crawford (4) | Corey Crawford (1) | Johnny Oduya (8)

Team Injuries:
Position | Player | Injury | Status
C | Michal Handzus | Unspecified | Questionable

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Brandon Saad | Jonathan Toews | Marian Hossa
Patrick Sharp | Michal Handzus | Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell | Dave Bolland | Andrew Shaw
Ben Smith | Marcus Kruger | Michael Frolik

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Duncan Keith | Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy | Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya | Michal Rozsival

Starting Goaltender
crawford.png
[/FIELDSET]

detroit.png

Roster | News | Video | Photos
[fieldset=Detroit Red Wings]
In the spotlight:
Right Wing | Center | Defenseman (L)
franzen.png
|
zetterberg.png
|
kronwall.png

Team Statistics:
Goals Scored | Assist | Points
Henrik Zetterberg (3) | Henrik Zetterberg (5) | Henrik Zetterberg (8)
Plus/Minus | Goals Against Average | Goalie Save Percentage
Justin Abdelkader (+4) | Jimmy Howard (2.74) | Jimmy Howard (0.911)
Wins | Shut out wins | Penalty Minutes
Jimmy Howard (4) | -- (-) | Justin Abdelkader (15)

Team Injuries:
Position | Player | Injury | Status
C | Darren Helm | Back | Out
LW | Drew Miller | Finger/hand fracture | Out
D | Danny DeKeyser | Broken thumb | Out

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Johan Franzen | Pavel Datsyuk | Justin Abdelkader
Valtteri Filppula | Henrik Zetterberg | Daniel Cleary
Gustav Nyquist | Joakim Andersson | Damien Brunner
Todd Bertuzzi | Cory Emmerton* | Patrick Eaves
| *or Mikael Samuelsson |

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Niklas Kronwall | Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey | Brendan Smith
Carlo Colaiacovo | Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender
howard.png
[/FIELDSET]

Media
[fieldset=Extra Information]
Red Wings embrace underdog status vs. Blackhawks, head into series with confidence, momentum
Click here
DETROIT – The Chicago Blackhawks are loaded at forward, stacked on defense and have a goaltender who allowed less than two goals per game.

They finished 21 points ahead of the Detroit Red Wings and swept the four-game season series between the clubs.

This is what the Red Wings are up against in the second round of the playoffs. But, are they worried?

“There's not that big of a difference nowadays between the first seed and the eighth seed,’’ Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg said. “I think it's the fans and the media that feel that more than us."

The Red Wings are confident, even while acknowledging their unique status as the heavy underdog in this Western Conference semifinal. Sure, they lost all four games against the Blackhawks, but two were decided by a shootout and one in overtime. And while Chicago hasn’t changed much from the team that whipped Detroit 7-1 on March 31, the Red Wings aren’t the same club.

Detroit is playing its best hockey when it matters most, coming off a Game 7 victory at second-seeded Anaheim in the first round.

So, while the Red Wings face a tough task, this isn’t the mismatch a meeting between the first and seventh seeds might ordinarily be.

[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Round 2"]
Last Western Hurrah! | 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Part III
template300copy_zpse3ecbc44.jpg
|
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Live stream"]
Click here for live stream

Click here for live stream
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie
[/FIELDSET]​

Last edited:

Shawn Lutz

Oct 15, 2011
Rockwall TX
It would be nice to jump on Chicago early and don't let up. I think they're going to have some rust as they haven't played in a while so we have a real good shot at taking game 1. Mission is to come back from Chicago with a win, lets get it tonight and put more pressure on the Blackhawks.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Wings are now playing with house money...Hawks can't possibly lose this series. I can't remember the last time I thought the Wings had next to no chance in winning series. It won't be a sweep...the games in Detroit will be exciting and I'd expect one or two wins at the Joe just because of the energy in the building. My opinion on the Wings chances will only change is they can steal on at United Center.

I said Chicago in 6...will be shocked if it goes 7, not surprised it only goes 5.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Wings are now playing with house money...Hawks can't possibly lose this series. I can't remember the last time I thought the Wings had next to no chance in winning series. It won't be a sweep...the games in Detroit will be exciting and I'd expect one or two wins at the Joe just because of the energy in the building. My opinion on the Wings chances will only change is they can steal on at United Center.

I said Chicago in 6...will be shocked if it goes 7, not surprised it only goes 5.

To the bolded part I really didn't expect the wings to come out on top of the ducks. Even given the ducks less than stellar play towards the end of the season they were a solid team and a #2 seed. Let's hope they can rise above expectations once again in this series.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I have no idea how hawks play this year but I guess we could use bit better forechecking pressure. If I remember correctly they play somewhat simlar to us so if we let them play with the puck, it's going to be a trouble. We might have to get to them immediately and dont give them time and space to think.

Wings need to be composed under any situation be it 3 goals up or 3 goals down and have unwavering spirit.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Pretty sure all Stanley Cup Final games will be at 8pm as well. They were last year.

That's what I've heard as well. 8 pm start times again this year.

It's actually not bad, particularly if LAK or SJS end up in the Finals.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
To the bolded part I really didn't expect the wings to come out on top of the ducks. Even given the ducks less than stellar play towards the end of the season they were a solid team and a #2 seed. Let's hope they can rise above expectations once again in this series.

While I could've seen Anaheim win that first series, the Ducks were a bit overrated. They're a team I didn't expect to be where they were seeded had they played a full 82. San Jose and the Kings are better teams but they happened to be the division winners at the 48 game mark. The Ducks just don't have the matchup problems the Blackhawks offer...two quality lines, strong team defense and I think they're overall faster team than the Ducks. The goaltending isn't that much better than Anaheim's but the team in front of them makes them better.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
While I could've seen Anaheim win that first series, the Ducks were a bit overrated. They're a team I didn't expect to be where they were seeded had they played a full 82. San Jose and the Kings are better teams but they happened to be the division winners at the 48 game mark. The Ducks just don't have the matchup problems the Blackhawks offer...two quality lines, strong team defense and I think they're overall faster team than the Ducks. The goaltending isn't that much better than Anaheim's but the team in front of them makes them better.

I agree with what your saying totally. Like I said my expectations weren't very high last series and we pulled it out. I'm not raising those expectations but really would be nice to beat the hawks. Go Wings!!!

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Seriously...how many Red Wings would make Chicago's lineup? 4-5 tops?

I get your point but seeing as how I am utterly distracted waiting for faceoff like a 4 year old on Christmas Eave, I'll play along:

Off the top of my head so I reserve the right to change my mind wehn proven wrong;)

13 - obvious
40 - obvious
51- don't laugh the Hawks need a 2/3 center
93 - over Brandon Saad (for this series, the next 10 years I'll taks Saad)
8 - Never would have said it at beginning of year...Hawks could use a grinder/net front guy who can also PK and take face-offs

55 - over Hjalmarsson
52- over Rozsival
35 - Crawford has been very good for Hawks this year, but imo Howard would beat him out for #1 if you had to choose which one you want.
=======================

Other guys who might not make the Hawk line-up (yet) but who would not be outclassed:
44 -if they don't want 8
2 with the right partner could hang if not overtake Leddy and Oduya

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007

datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, filppula and kronwall are obvious. i'd take ericsson over rozsival or oduya. i'd take howard over crawford/emery. not seen enough of the likes of smith, shaw, etc to say, but not like they are miles ahead of the likes of abdelkader.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012

Pav, Z, Mule, Filppula, Helm (when healthy), Abby (yes, he would), Nyquist (over Frolik, but Frolik plays the PK so this is arguable), Kronner, Ericsson, Kindl (yes, he is better than Roszival), DK (same as Kindl), Howie and Babcock over Qstache.

Just MO off the top of my head.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2 min
Hearing Mikael Samuelsson out tonight, Cory Emmerton back in so 4th L would be Bertuzzi-Emmerton-Eaves.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1 min
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said winger Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 1 vs. #RedWings: "Coach's decision."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad