GDT: WCSF | Game 1 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN, CBC

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
What was the point of advancing to the second round when it's looking like this? Get 2 more playoff games at the Joe to get more revenue?

Why do you take so much joy in us losing?

Last edited by a moderator:

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
it is correct play to let him take the shot which Howard can see it all the way

if franzen starts leaving his man trying to stop that shot, things get complicated if oduya sees this and pass.

Yemach, I could not (though politely) disagree stronger, and I am guessing that if you watch the play again you might draw a new conclusion.

When that play is developing 93 actually is in the slot.

Cleary slides down the wall (leaving Oduya open) to provide support for 55 (who is on Kane). With pressure coming from Cleary, Kane cycles it back down to Sharp.

As Cleary slid down, Franzen (for reasons known only to him) turns his back on the play and floats out to cover the weak side point Michal Rozsival, who has not scored a goal in nearly 14 months.

As soon as Oduya saw Franzen leave the slot, O jumped into the vacated space, Sharp hits him with a pass and Oduya shoots (with no one any where near him) from the inside hash mark.

It is a nice (set) play by the Hawks, but one that won't happen if Franzen stays in the slot.

I think if you watch the play again, you will agree that you won't find a coach (or goalie) at any level who would prefer to have Oduya, uncontested so that he can see the shot.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
This thread needs some optimism.

We kept it tied until halfway through the 3rd against the best team in the league on the road. Go team go!

Agreed. I dont expect the Wings to beat the Hawks, but up until a disastrous 3rd period, the Wings were in the game even thought they were being dominated.

Never apologize for good/great goaltending even though Howard was the sole reason the Wings even had a remote chance at this game.

Suck it up, come out with a better effort in the second game and for the love of all that is holy, stop turning the puck over in their own zone for no damn apparent reason. Seriously, thats 45% of Chicago's scoring chances right there eliminated by just putting the puck hard off the wall/glass.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Yemach, I could not (though politely) disagree stronger, and I am guessing that if you watch the play again you might draw a new conclusion.

When that play is developing 93 actually is in the slot.

Cleary slides down the wall (leaving Oduya open) to provide support for 55 (who is on Kane). With pressure coming from Cleary, Kane cycles it back down to Sharp.

As Cleary slid down, Franzen (for reasons known only to him) turns his back on the play and floats out to cover the weak side point Michal Rozsival, who has not scored a goal in nearly 14 months.

As soon as Oduya saw Franzen leave the slot, O jumped into the vacated space, Sharp hits him with a pass and Oduya shoots (with no one any where near him) from the inside hash mark.

It is a nice (set) play by the Hawks, but one that won't happen if Franzen stays in the slot.

I think if you watch the play again, you will agree that you won't find a coach (or goalie) at any level who would prefer to have Oduya, uncontested so that he can see the shot.

I guess I was wrong. you are right that i didnt watch the replay when I posted that. I do remember Cleary getting tricked by Kane and leave his position and Oduya jumps in the slot.

I still haven't watched the replay as it is too painful to watch. I'll just take your word for it.

Actual Thought*

I guess I was wrong. you are right that i didnt watch the replay when I posted that. I do remember Cleary getting tricked by Kane and leave his position and Oduya jumps in the slot.

I still haven't watched the replay as it is too painful to watch. I'll just take your word for it.

I thought Oduya was Cleary's guy too but I didn't get drafted and I am having a hard time finding coaching work too.:amazed: It seemed to me that Franzen should eliminate the guy on the weak point otherwise he walks right in. It was a nicely executed set play on Chicago's part though.

Actual Thought*

BUt now you get embarassed, probably getting swept by the biggest rival..how fun is that?
So even you admit there is a chance they win a game. If there is a chance they can beat Chicago once then there is a chance they can beat them 4 times. Now that you have conceded that they have a chance you should better understand why being in is better than being out.:handclap: This is a HUGE breakthrough!:cheer:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad