GDT: WCSF GAME #1: Canucks @ Golden Knights | 7:30 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I understand why the Canucks may be tired and unprepared for this game...but everybody looks terrible. They can’t even put some decent passes together.

But maybe a blowout will be to their advantage. A wake up call.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Definitely looks like Roussels antics before the game really lite a fire under the Knights tonight, it backfired.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
At this point, I'm getting flashbacks to the Blackhawks series in 2009/2011. In that in both series the Canucks let Bolland into their heads. Seems like Reaves is going to play a similar role in this series.
Reaves hasn’t even done anything though. They keep panning to him on the bench. The bench!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Shouldn't Roussel be trying to get under the skin of Stone or Karlsson or something? Like what's the point of battling with a 4th liner like that. "Best case" scenario is coincidental minors. Worst case is he gets pounded.

Agreed 100%

No idea what the upside of targeting a 4th liner is. Especially one as smart and disciplined by Reaves.

Edit - goes after Schmidt, better idea.

I might not complain but I'd be just as surprised. He didn't really do anything other than talk.

Roussel has been looking to start shit since the pre-game skate. The refs want to keep a lid on things and this sort of call happens pretty regularly. I have no issue with it whatsoever.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Definitely looks like Roussels antics before the game really lite a fire under the Knights tonight, it backfired.

Meh maybe a bit of a stretch. I don't think they give a sh** about Roussel to be honest lol their 4th line would eat him if they wanted to

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Please pull Marky and let him rest from this nightmare
how is sitting on the bench for 3 minutes resting him? he still went through his game day routine, he still dressed, he still went into warmups as #1, he's still played the majority of the hockey game. benching him for 3 minutes or even 10 does not give him any "rest". it does give him a vote of no confidence though. Which f***s with his head.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I understand why the Canucks may be tired and unprepared for this game...but everybody looks terrible. They can’t even put some decent passes together.

But maybe a blowout will be to their advantage. A wake up call.

Well credit to Vegas.

There are times when players/team look sloppier than usual, but more likely than not, it's because the other team is forcing errors, playing a much better game, shaking the confidence of our players in the little things, such as even connecting simple passes, etc.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
He's literally done nothing but piss off Roussel. He's done nothing to our star players.

he got Roussel pre-occupied with him. So Roussel who fancies himself an agitator in order to give his team an advantage has spent the last 59 minutes of the game obsessed with a 4th liner...seems like Reaves did his job. It’s not an important job tonight but it was a job.

ok now I’m off to bed!

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Reaves has been a complete non-factor this game but you'd think by listening to the announcers that Reaves was destroying us.

Yeah they played that chicken call highlight about 5 times. It was funny the first time but he's literally been invisible. LOL they just showed him on the bench again.

Reactions: geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad