GDT: WCQR | Game 3 | "RNH Looks Buffed Up" | Oilers @ Blackhawks | 8.5.20 | 8:30PM | SN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl is the key. I would definitely put RNH back on his line for a few shifts
Archibald McDavid Ennis
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Fan opinion is clearly on the side of playing a Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto line.

Damn Tippett not listening to the fans. :)

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
My brother made a playoff video with an Attack on Titan theme, I enjoyed the crap out of it.
Major spoilers for Season 3 for any fans of the anime show.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Drai is going to have a huge game

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Oilers take my energy! Destroy them, maim them, demoralize them, make them know that they shouldn’t have been there from the get go. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Going to cook up some ethiopian cause my dad and brother is in town, sip some cervesas and hopefully watch the Oilers whoop some booty. Lets go Oilers!

Last edited by a moderator:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sort off topic. But watching these playoffs, the reffing has been pretty weird. They are calling a ton of penalties. Obviously its a message from the league. What do people think the reasons for it are? Just trying to clean up the games a bit, so theres less problems with health/safety? Trying to improve scoring so theres less OT games so doesnt impact schedules as much? Its a little bit weird. I am not saying I hate it but I think if it continues, it should be something that benefits Edmonton at least.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Sort off topic. But watching these playoffs, the reffing has been pretty weird. They are calling a ton of penalties. Obviously its a message from the league. What do people think the reasons for it are? Just trying to clean up the games a bit, so theres less problems with health/safety? Trying to improve scoring so theres less OT games so doesnt impact schedules as much? Its a little bit weird. I am not saying I hate it but I think if it continues, it should be something that benefits Edmonton at least.
They've been off TV for a while. Gotta make sure they're centre stage.

Every game, they're throwing out more people from the faceoff than the game before. It's embarrassing.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Noticed that too. Kind of a pilot project to see if it actually works? I'd prefer to let them play I think as it leads to more and more game management.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think it is because of the long layoff and the players are looking to get back into playoff mode. Let them know whats acceptable and whats not, I think as the playoffs go on the players will get it and less penalties will be called. That being said, I hope they continue to call everything as it would benefit the Oilers tremendoisly.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

I would say they have been mandated to make the qualifiers as quick as possible.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We’ve got the young guys like Kailer, Ethan, Tyler and Andreas, who really motivate the vets. They’re first in the gym and last out — and it just sets the mood. Every day I’m watching them go and I’m thinking, No chance I’m letting these kids work harder than me. So it just naturally pushes everyone. Good teams need that.

The gaming here….. I don’t even know what to say. There are guys who’ve brought every single piece of gaming equipment they own: double monitors, PC rigs, you name it. If you took it away, they’d be lost. All they do is play Call of Duty or Fortnite, or whatever, for hours. It’s how they spend their free time, since we can’t leave the hotel or go into anyone’s room — except I don’t even think they’d want to, because that would screw up their gaming.
And they’re all talking — no, sorry, yelling — on their mics. I can hear them through the walls. Total insanity. I’ve spent most of the past month listening to Andreas talk to his computer screen. I always give him a hard time about it. (Around 9:30 p.m., I’ll knock on the wall so he knows it’s time to put that thing away for the night.)

Interesting comment about AA being a guy that pushes the vets.

I also love the part of gaming. So funny and something a lot of vets have talked about.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We’ve got the young guys like Kailer, Ethan, Tyler and Andreas, who really motivate the vets. They’re first in the gym and last out — and it just sets the mood. Every day I’m watching them go and I’m thinking, No chance I’m letting these kids work harder than me. So it just naturally pushes everyone. Good teams need that.

The gaming here….. I don’t even know what to say. There are guys who’ve brought every single piece of gaming equipment they own: double monitors, PC rigs, you name it. If you took it away, they’d be lost. All they do is play Call of Duty or Fortnite, or whatever, for hours. It’s how they spend their free time, since we can’t leave the hotel or go into anyone’s room — except I don’t even think they’d want to, because that would screw up their gaming.
And they’re all talking — no, sorry, yelling — on their mics. I can hear them through the walls. Total insanity. I’ve spent most of the past month listening to Andreas talk to his computer screen. I always give him a hard time about it. (Around 9:30 p.m., I’ll knock on the wall so he knows it’s time to put that thing away for the night.)

Interesting comment about AA being a guy that pushes the vets.

I also love the part of gaming. So funny and something a lot of vets have talked about.

I wonder which Tyler he was referring to. Benson? if so, that's interesting that he's mentioned in the group of NHLers pushing the vets.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can anybody explain why Archibald is on McDavid's line? And why AA isn't?

Weird comment. Because Archibald is a predictable hard player that will also read ice well and cover back when required. The first line was immensely better with Archie on it instead of Kassian.

AA had played his best game since his first game here. A lot in between left a lot to be desired. Does one game of effort get a promotion to play with McD. Is that all it takes?

The first line was fine, it would be silly to make changes to it.

I'm much more worried about the 2nd line. Which isn't meshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad