GDT: WCQR | Game 3 | "RNH Looks Buffed Up" | Oilers @ Blackhawks | 8.5.20 | 8:30PM | SN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(Series tied 1-1)

Game Day: Wednesday, August 5th, 2020
Game Time: 8:30PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet, NBCSN

- - - - -

:edmonton

Ryan Muscles-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Josh Archibald
Tyler Ennis - Leon Draisaitl - Kailer Yamamoto
Andreas Athanasiou - Riley Sheahan - Zack Kassian
James Neal - Jujhar Khaira - Alex Chiasson

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Darnell Nurse - Ethan Bear
Kris Russell - Matt Benning

Mikko Koskinen

- - - - -

:hawks

Dominik Kubalik - Jonathan Toews - Brandon Saad
Alex Nylander - Dylan Strome - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Kirby Dach - Drake Caggiula
Matthew Highmore - David Kampf - Ryan Carpenter

Duncan Keith - Adam Boqvist
Calvin DeHaan - Connor Murphy
Olli Maatta - Slater Koekkoek

Corey Crawford

- - - - -

dQBvwDc.jpg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
RMH! Ryan Muscles-Hopkins.

Source:
RNH looks like he buffed up his upper body a bit. Or maybe it’s just the stache, lol.

Up at midnight. I'm accepting suggestions for the title.

This was prophesied by Oilers fans years ago. It's finally happened.

"RNH looks buffed up" is the current favourite for the next GDT title.

RMH = Ryan Muscles Hopkins

(or Ryan Moustache Hopkins, take your pick)

I think we're going with Hopkins' improved body.

Ryan f***ing Hugent Hopkins

Call it “RMH”

I can’t believe you people have forgotten about Jarromie Noel already.

More like Chuck Norris based on his buffness.

Nuge is huge

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
McDavid and RNH both with a new NHL record.
First two games of the playoffs and having 3 points each game. 2 games, 6 points.

And here I am still terrified of Kane and Toews.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Can anybody explain why Archibald is on McDavid's line? And why AA isn't?

When you already have a guy that dominates puck possession like McDavid (especially on transition), adding in another guy that needs to have the puck on his stick isn't a great idea.

Archibald's job is to be the defensive high guy on the line to let Nuge and McDavid attack, and also hound the puck when they don't.

AA is at his best when he's the focal point of his line's attack. Sheahan and Kassian also do a good job freeing up all the open ice he could ever want.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
When you already have a guy that dominates puck possession like McDavid (especially on transition), adding in another guy that needs to have the puck on his stick isn't a great idea.

Archibald's job is to be the defensive high guy on the line to let Nuge and McDavid attack, and also hound the puck when they don't.

AA is at his best when he's the focal point of his line's attack. Sheahan and Kassian also do a good job freeing up all the open ice he could ever want.

Perfectly said. Plus Archie’s lack of offensive skill means he’s more likely to take the shots that McDavid or Nuge sets him up with. Not as likely to over complicate things.

when you have a player like McDavid or Crosby, you don’t want to complicate the offense.

Reactions: B33K33PING

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Struds talked about AA yesterday. Probably worth the mention if you didn't hear it. Essentially says while AA is getting better he needs to be smarter in the offensive zone. He's too quick to give up the puck and playing with LD or McDavid this guys won't like it. Gregor did mention that AA had 8 control zoned entries, the most of any Oiler. He just needs to be smarter once he gets into the zone.

As for the game. f*** the defense. We obviously can't play it, so don't even attempt to make that the strategy. As Louie said last game the best defense is being in the offensive zone. Come out flying and try keep that puck in the offensive zone. Do what we can actually do. Doesn't seem like we have many answers for the CHI offense at this point.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
same game plan as the last one...you know the Hawks are gonna come out spitting mad for their performance
defense needs to tighten up even more
Draisaitl needs to up his game and get more shots on the net
continue to pound the Hawks into submission

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Another DP? Let’s get it.

The boys need to play physically and bully the Hawks like they did last game. Several massive hits and their young D men looked timid once the forecheck started breaking their will.

Just win baby.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will be a telling game. I suspect Chicago will come out better. I think Edmonton can still take it to another level, but we will see if they actually do.

Hopefully the defense builds on the third period. Hopefully Klefbom is better in the defensive end.

I suspect that Draisaitl will be a force in this game.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Will be a telling game. I suspect Chicago will come out better. I think Edmonton can still take it to another level, but we will see if they actually do.
Hopefully the defense builds on the third period. Hopefully Klefbom is better in the defensive end.

I suspect that Draisaitl will be a force in this game.
Draisaitl is the key. I would definitely put RNH back on his line for a few shifts
Archibald McDavid Ennis
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

McDavid really only needs one of the 5 other players on the ice to get him the puck in his own zone and he'll take it down to create something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad