Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - SERIES TIED [Mod Warning # 844]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
That very well may have been my favorite game ever that I've gone to. And that is a ******** of games. Unreal atmosphere. Unreal people around me. Unreal team. They looked like they did at the start of the season.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Avalanche are 1 for 15 on the Power Play this series.

Even though those numbers are crap right now, I really don't like giving the Avs those chances. We really need to do a better job of staying out of the box from here on out.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah and something to consider, at least 2-3 of those shots were at the end of the game with the net empty. That means Colorado only got like 9-10 shots through 57 minutes or so.

Wow lol

8 shots actually, before Varlamov was pulled.

So Kuemper saw an even third of his workload in the last couple minutes.

Franchise record for fewest shots allowed, and playoff record for 2nd fewest shots allowed all time.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Even though those numbers are crap right now, I really don't like giving the Avs those chances. We really need to do a better job of staying out of the box from here on out.

And according to the Wild infographic, that 1 for 15 was an EN from Game 2. I'm okay with them going to the box that much only because they are playing very physical and keeping their scorers in check.

8 shots actually, before Varlamov was pulled.

So Kuemper saw an even third of his workload in the last couple minutes.

Franchise record for fewest shots allowed, and playoff record for 2nd fewest shots allowed all time.

Testament to the team completely. That was an all around asskicking

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
And according to the Wild infographic, that 1 for 15 was an EN from Game 2. I'm okay with them going to the box that much only because they are playing very physical and keeping their scorers in check.

If we can keep playing like we have, maybe, but the Wild were ranked 27th in PK% in the regular season while the Avs were ranked 5th in PP%.

I'd just feel comfortable giving the Avs a few less opportunities.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If we can keep playing like we have, maybe, but the Wild were ranked 27th in PK% in the regular season while the Avs were ranked 5th in PP%.

I'd just feel comfortable giving the Avs a few less opportunities.

Somehow I don't think the refs are gonna cooperate with that.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Hard to stay out of the box with all the phantom calls they've called on us. Most notably, Hooking on/from Brodin? Never saw it.

Side note: Bordereau should get the book thrown at him for trying to knee on knee Granlund. Utterly disgusting act. Good thing Granlund is so elusive. :)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Somehow I don't think the refs are gonna cooperate with that.

They never do, but the players can only control what they do. By being a little more careful, they can only make the refs look worse for calling some of those BS penalties.

Hard to stay out of the box with all the phantom calls they've called on us. Most notably, Hooking on/from Brodin? Never saw it.

Side note: Bordereau should get the book thrown at him for trying to knee on knee Granlund. Utterly disgusting act. Good thing Granlund is so elusive. :)

Totally agree, but like I said, we can't control the refs and the less opportunities we give the refs, the better.

That Brodin call was utter garbage. He had his stick in the area of Talbot's mid-section and Talbot was smart enough to fall over. Same thing with Suter's ridiculous hooking call on Talbot, again.

Last edited:

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Just a random thing, i was wondering why Koivu didn't get an assist in Coyle goal yesterday?

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
Who's going to be the next "Wild Legend" we bring in for the "Let's Play Hockey" bit?

Or the flag bearer. Laaksonen's (SP?) kids did that game 3.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

It was a hook. I think most refs let that go given the situation, but it was there.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I was checking out the box score, and who would of ever thought our 5v5 ice time leaders for forwards in a playoff game 4 would be a Nino-Haula-Fontaine line.

Mind bottling.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
I think they win this series now but seeing these last 2 games makes me incredibly excited for next year. If Haula, Nino, Granlund, and Coyle can continue and improve on what they have shown they are capable of in the last 2 games we will be good for a long time.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
It was a hook. I think most refs let that go given the situation, but it was there.

The problem I had with it was how picky it was, especially considering the late point in the game it occured and the fact that the refs had been ignoring a lot of the obstruction going on in that game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Home-Ice Record By Conference
2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs:
Western Conference 15-1 .938
Eastern Conference 6-9 .400

Starting to really think whoever comes out of the East this year gets an easy Cup win simply because the West is so stacked and evenly matched that whoever emerges is going to be so beaten, battered, and depleted that they'll barely be able to put up a fight.

Seriously. At this point every Western team could realistically take every other Western team. Home ice has been the determining factor for every game except game 3 of the Sharks and Kings.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I ****ing love this team right now.

There is a belief going around man, with the team and especially this fan base that just was not there last year. I could tell it the moment I went down to my seat super early last game. I just looked around and then up at the scoreboard, turned to my friend and said "This is going to be so much ****ing better than Game 4 against Chicago last year, you watch".

It was. Everything. The opening. The game. However most importantly, it was the fans. As some people referenced in the game thread "the crazies were back" and people did not let up all game, it's nice not to be like one of 4 people in your section that yell most of the game.

The problem I had with it was how picky it was, especially considering the late point in the game it occured and the fact that the refs had been ignoring a lot of the obstruction going on in that game.

They had been ignoring pretty much everything, including getting their feet out of the way of the puck during draws. I don't think I've ever seen such a Keystone Cops performance in regards to that facet of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad