Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Russo:

"league just emailed me that nothing is schedule for 58"

58 refers to Bordeleau

of course not. Between that and this:
Z4enAZR.gif
the Avs fans have lost their moral high ground.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i lost my voice from abusing it the last two home games. wooooooooooo!

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
I really hope the team can use the scoring chances much more effectively. Don't get me wrong, wins are wins especially in playoffs, and I thoroughly enjoyed the home stretch. But can't miss those chances the way Wild has the past 2 games. The odds are against to score 2 max per game and win on the long run.

I'm extremely happy to see how fantastic Granlund is doing. 0+2 on 4 games in playoffs is not great per ce, but the level of play and commitment he has shown in these past two games is starting to remind me when he played for HIFK in the championship 2011 season.

And Haula has been awesome as well. I have a feeling that Wild will have the three first lines centered by Finns for years to come! Only threat to the scenario is that Haula is challenging the 2nd line center role in the future, which would prompt some kind of trade.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
a not insignificant factor in our inability to cash in on these chances is we're facing an insanely good goalie. If we can get half the chances we're getting against the Avs on our next opponent, we're going to score more.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
a not insignificant factor in our inability to cash in on these chances is we're facing an insanely good goalie. If we can get half the chances we're getting against the Avs on our next opponent, we're going to score more.

Isn't our next opponent either Blues or Hawks? If so, we'll be facing Miller or Crawford. Not exactly slouches, although haven't been on Varlamov's level.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Isn't our next opponent either Blues or Hawks? If so, we'll be facing Miller or Crawford. Not exactly slouches, although haven't been on Varlamov's level.

Lets not get too far ahead here, this is Minnesota Pro sports after all.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Not even close to the same level as Varlamov.

If we win this series and then keep playing like we've been playing, we'll make swiss cheese out of Crawford or Miller.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Moulson, Koivu and Pom's have been quiet in the scoring category. Moulson has been a flat out disappointment. Koivu is playing good hockey but would like to see him score a goal or two. Pom has been quiet lately but has two assists.

Varlamov snakebite.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Nationally media thinks were winning just becuase Cooke injured Barrie:shakehead. Makes me mad I'm pretty sure they just watched the third period of game one. The only national media person who doesn't think that's why is Pierre McGuire.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Nationally media thinks were winning just becuase Cooke injured Barrie:shakehead. Makes me mad I'm pretty sure they just watched the third period of game one. The only national media person who doesn't think that's why is Pierre McGuire.

ESPN's LeBrun also knows were winning because we're just flat out dominating play.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Not even close to the same level as Varlamov.

If we win this series and then keep playing like we've been playing, we'll make swiss cheese out of Crawford or Miller.

Slow down!!! Hawks and Blues are much better defensively than the Avs

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
thats why i said "chances". not that if we get passed Varlamov it'd be a cakewalk.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Yes! Like you, initially I thought it'd be cheesy too. It's not, it's the best, it defines precisely what this state is all about when it comes to hockey. It is definitely ours to own. :D

I have seriously listened to it about 10 times today. :laugh: I also keep emailing friends the song and lyrics! :laugh:

I have season tickets, and my friends who love the game want to come out here and see the Wild, when they do, that's one of the things they point out that they really like and had no idea about, because even if you are an in-division rival fan that's not something they normally show on TV.

Not to mention I love how on the scoreboard it is a mash up of Minnesota hockey history. North Stars, Minnesota college hockey teams, down to little kids who look like they are out for their first skate and this year (unless I missed it before?) they actually have our three players who have died tragically at the end (Zholtok, Boogaard and Demitra). It's a nice tribute and I like that touch.

I guess. Are you looking to find something to complain about or..? I guess I don't get it. Honestly asking. The series has gone about as well as we could've hoped sans the 1st game collapse and Cooke suspension. Doesn't matter who scores the goals, so long as the team plays like a team and adjusts properly. At least IMO. There aren't any free passes, but when the team is doing what it needs to to win, I say just enjoy it and not look for a smudge on the overall painting.

It's a team game, people are chipping in various ways, but in the end if you asked these guys "you won't score but your team will win" they'll take it every time because that's what is paramount.

Pom has had how many posts this series? Moulson has been robbed 3-4 times in ridiculous fashion. I feel it's one of those when one goes in, then a ton go in.

The fact it's 2-2, and a lot of guys haven't even gotten going yet in terms of goals says quite a bit on how this team can still up their game and bring this series home.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So what does our lineup look like for tomorrow do you guys think?

I'm putting the finishing touches on tomorrows GDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad