Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
From Dater: "I talked with Barrie after the game, and he was obviously upset at not being able to have played beyond Game 3. Matt Cooke tried to reach out to him after his dirty knee, but Barrie never took the call." Pretty classless of Barrie tbh.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From Dater: "I talked with Barrie after the game, and he was obviously upset at not being able to have played beyond Game 3. Matt Cooke tried to reach out to him after his dirty knee, but Barrie never took the call." Pretty classless of Barrie tbh.
Not really... he was upset... better not to talk than to talk and maybe say something you regret. It was probably for the best.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Eh, I don't really blame Barrie. Dude's probably devastated that he couldn't play.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Definitely have to take the call in that case from my experience. Don't have to say anything.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
20140501__140430_Wild_winners.jpg

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
Just rewatched game 7. I had a lot of fun watching landeskog try to run suter all night and suter just pushed him around with an arm. Re-defines "farm strong"

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
When is the last time we scored on so many snipes.

4 of 5 were just barely inside the post, with 3 hitting the post.

Haula looks so happy in every video I've ever seen of him. Always looking for someone to hug in both college and with the Wild now.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

So, so dreamy. Less than 3 minutes on the clock, Wild trailing in Game seven, and Spurgu has the awareness and patience to wait for the diving Mackinnon make a fool of himself before unleashing a filthy wrister off the post and in, victimizing Varlamov. All your mishaps have been forgiven, oh dreamy one.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I am pretty envious of Brodziak's beard.

As far as Barrie not taking Cooke's call goes, Barrie can do whatever he wants. Kid is devastated no doubt. People cope with that in different ways and everyone has an opinion over the intent of the collision. It doesn't mean he's immature or not manning up for screening a call. He's just angry.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We've all seen the Heatley gif.

Anyone else think he knows this is likely his last year in the league and he's decided to push himself past his limits for a chance to take things as far as they can go for this team?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
We've all seen the Heatley gif.

Anyone else think he knows this is likely his last year in the league and he's decided to push himself past his limits for a chance to take things as far as they can go for this team?

Very possible. He's in a do or die situation with his career and Russo himself has gone on record saying he doesn't know if Heatley has a future in the NHL after this year. He'd be an absolute fool to not try and elevate game during his remaining games in the playoffs. If it is his last year, then good for him for fighting during these last games.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Interesting video!

Looks like Cooke and Brodz are good buds, no surprise there.

Haula was pumped. Going around the room giving hugs...nice.

Curry gets tossed into the wall :laugh:

Yeo looks like he's about to shotgun a beer.

Rupp looks like he's about 50.

Short speech by Yeo...also nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad