GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
That was the point of getting DeSmith. He has just not been able to handle that workload unfortunately
I think it’s more a mentality of coaches than he couldn’t handle it. Your coach has to accept that a lesser goalie is going to play even if the starter ‘could’ go.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
GAME OVER MANNN!!

Wonder if Demko needs to change the way he plays, the post to post splits is destroying his lower body.
I was worried when he made that save. It seems very unnatural for someone of Demko’s size to be able to do the splits like he did.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
At this rate, you have to plan next year for life without Demko once his current deal is done.

Great contract if healthy.

But never is unfortunately.

Big one tonight and hope the boys have extra motivation with CDS in net.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Sounds like a new injury to the same knee. Weeeee I am sad.

200w.gif

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
CDS isn’t a bad goaltender, certainly much better than what we had last year. Let’s see how this plays out.
i think he's fine as a backup but playing night to night is a completely different thing.

in the stretch where he was consistently playing (march 13 to april 6) he had a .877 which is more than enough to singlehandedly lose a series

Reactions: Red

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
We have seen that during Demko's absence, the team was really not playing the same.

Not saying it's game over for sure, but now the marathon just became MUCH harder. This is objective fact.
And it's not like they dominated Nashville during game 1, I think it's totally acceptable to be concerned about this series now.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
i think he's fine as a backup but playing night to night is a completely different thing.

in the stretch where he was consistently playing (march 13 to april 6) he had a .877 which is more than enough to singlehandedly lose a series
It also happened to coincide with the team playing like dog poo relative to the way they had been.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I dont think anyone thought we are a true talent top5 team in the league?
Their 5v5 and defensive game is a genuine, top-of-the-league weapon.

Better tell Tocchet.

"Canucks head coach Rick Tocchet says goalie Thatcher Demko, pictured, is "day-to-day" and will be evaluated later Tuesday. Backup Casey DeSmith will start later that night against the visiting Predators.."

if you truly think Demko is coming back this series, I would like to offer my services managing your investments.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Just f***ing great, series over because this guy cant stay f***ing healthy

You gotta trade him for someone more reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad