GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Only way to stay composed is to take this one game at a time. Extremely cliche, but very true.

They have to believe they can win this series without Demko or they will block their own shot. This is where you want Tocchet, Miller and Hughes to fire everyone up.

Hopefully they give a pretty big speech in the room before this one. It could be the difference in competing and folding.

Hell, just show this to them.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What we know.

Day to day as per Tocchet.

He finished the game on Sunday.

He apparently practiced yesterday.

We are up in the series.

Don't play until Friday.

There is still hope!

Seravalli said didn't happen on the stretch split save in Game 1, it's a new injury unrelated to his previous one. Said he hasn't practiced since end of Game 1, and no media availability.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Gotta admit that this has got me freaking out. I think we can still win this series in particular without Demko since we're spotted a 1-0 lead. We didn't give up a lot of chances last game and I think we could go 3-3 without him. Desmith is a veteran who's played in the playoffs before.

I won't give up hope that he can recover in time for round 2, and a 2 week rest or so may help? But for round 2 against the Oilers (likely) there is no hope without Demko unless McDavid gets hurt.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sounds like Demko skated yesterday but didn't practice, so probably tested it out and no-go. Seravalli says unlikely Demko travels to Nashville for Games 3 or 4.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
It's just such a huge bummer. Coming off that game 1 this news just sucks all the momentum and hope that we were all building up.

Problem is you're not just cautious in the playoffs. If Demko isn't playing that means it's serious.

Reactions: Hodgy

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think DeSmith stands on his head here. Not going to panic re: Demko until we've played a few more games. Could be totally precautionary, especially if he skated yesterday.

As I said, he's good for a great game here and there. The issue is when he has to start a run.

I think he'll come in and be solid tonight. After tonight is anyone's guess, but the team is going to have to adapt and play its best in front of him.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Completely changes the mentality of the rest of the team.

It's not just about playing well infront of DeSmith or Silovs.

More about the confidence that the goalie can make the big save when necessary and limit the game-changing stinkers.

TBH, I have more faith in Silovs going God level than DeSmith. I think DeSmith can play well for a game or two but runs down after being played for an extended stretch.

Fascinating to see how it plays out.

But regardless, it f***ing sucks when you thought that Demko was back and our x-factor, just to have it ripped away after only 1 game.

Last edited:

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Jesus, why god!? Canucks are a .500 team without Demko. Gotta hope they can get past the Preds and get Demko back for the next series.

Pacific Canuck

Oct 26, 2017
Imo, both silovs and desmith have played well this year. We still have the best d in the west, I like our chances still, hope the injury to demko isn't serious

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna