GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think it all hinges on winning tonight tbh. If Nashville splits and goes home with no Demko in the lineup, I don't see us pulling this out barring a miracle performance from DeSmith.

Win tonight, that gives you a 2 game cushion and hopefully you a couple more massive performances to get to 4 wins. Ideally early, so it gives Demko as much time as possible to come back.

Let's be real though, if it comes back that he's out for the season, we're history. Every other team in the West would cave our heads in.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
DeSmith’s last game was good and he’s either been starter level or dog shit.

Think it’ll be quite clear pretty quickly which version of DeSmith we get.

Reactions: Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The idea he will be healthy for round 2 is fantasy.

If he can't play now, he's unlikely to be 100% in like a couple weeks.

Agreed. Injured March 9, came back for 3 games, injured again. Highly unlikely he's ready to go until next season, I'd wager. Without significant risk of re-injury from either the original injury, or whatever is ailing him now if it's a new one.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

If it's not the knee (speculating that it's a groin strain) him sitting out tonight may be completely precautionary. And they reevaluate how he feels later in the week.

They have to be extremely careful. If he pushes ahead and ignores the strain, and it turns into a full tear, well now he's 100% done for the year.

This could all just be the media putting gas on the fire, because it's a big story.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Very winnable without demko this series

Next round vs oilers is another story.. demko must comeback or its oilers turn to go on a deep playoff run.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's a possibility he tweaked something new and they are taking an extra day to monitor it before throwing him to the wolfs.

After tonight we don't play until Friday so there is time to figure it out.

Just win!

I am convincing myself that this is the case because the alternative makes me want to throw my television through my screen door.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
DeSmith’s last playoff game: 2022 Eastern Conference finals coming in for injured Jarry. Made 48 saves… (before he got injured too)

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Agreed,...I have no idea what his injury is, neither would I venture to guess.

but there is a possibility that what he has probably requires surgery, but they thought that with rest and rehab late in the season, he could get through it.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
This is why you have to push the chips in on every reasonable shot you have. Need to overcompensate knowing there will be injuries.

This team would be a lot more resilient with an added top line winger. They must score on the PP here on out.

Vs a team like EDM, our PK vs McDrai is akin to starting each game down by 2.

Reactions: Red and Zanon

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
1713897088375.png

Reactions: Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If it's not the knee (speculating that it's a groin strain) him sitting out tonight may be completely precautionary. And they reevaluate how he feels later in the week.

They have to be extremely careful. If he pushes ahead and ignores the strain, and it turns into a full tear, well now he's 100% done for the year.

This could all just be the media putting gas on the fire, because it's a big story.

Also if it’s his groin it might just be sore/tight to the point that he can’t move well enough to justify starting him. You can play a star skater at 80% and he’ll still likely be better than the replacement guy. But your star goalie at 80% or whatever, he probably isn’t the better option than your backup at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad