Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM01] Canucks defeat Predators | 4-2 (Lindholm, Suter, & Joshua(2)) | Never in Doubt!

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Oilers fans are having a existential crisis.

While they were waiting for their dynasty to form two other Canadian teams became better than them. Their franchise spent a decade tanking to amass top ten pick after top ten pick just to end up never even winning a division title.

They're embarrassed. Seething at the Canucks success. The players and fans celebrate players achievements now because deep down they know the team will never win. McDavid's 100 assists was their Stanley Cup.

Bunch of losers cheering for a bunch of losers.
It’s okay, the oilers have experience.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
There were so many times Myers, Zadorov, Soucy and Cole looked like they were beat or the attacker had the angle on them but because of their size and strength were able to use their body to completely snuff out any chance. I thought Cole had his best game as a Canuck and it happened to be in the first game of the playoffs, exactly the reason why we brought him here.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Had me worried. Not gonna lie. Felt like Vancouver of old. Joshua was great all game. Same with Zadorov. I noticed Zadorov all game throwing hits and he definitely had Nash growing eyes in the back of their heads. Vancouver's depth was really noticeable in game one.

It's just one game but I don't think Nashville has the horses to match up against Vancouver. The Canucks are just too deep for them.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
He generated offense today, it just didn't go in the net.

May as well use your criteria on Miller tonight. Makes 8M, pure points are the only thing that counts, where's your criticism for Miller's production? Zero shots, no points other than a 22-23 Boeser special on the EN, he must have not been worth his money today too?
He did generate some chances today. And he made a few good defensive plays. But he also looked really bad. Like really bad.

He’s not moving his feet. He would glide into puck battles and give up easily. I think it’s a confidence thing and not a care thing but it looked bad.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Had me worried. Not gonna lie. Felt like Vancouver of old. Joshua was great all game. Same with Zadorov. I noticed Zadorov all game throwing hits and he definitely had Nash growing eyes in the back of their heads. Vancouver's depth was really noticeable in game one.

It's just one game but I don't think Nashville has the horses to match up against Vancouver. The Canucks are just too deep for them.

They are certainly going to have a hard time beating us if Saros keeps looking that human and bangs out sub.900 SV% over the series.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought the team played fine the whole night.

I felt confident going into game two even if that result didn’t hold

Really disappointed we didn’t sort out Joshua before the playoffs, but it’s moot now

I wouldn’t go to Podkolzin in game two. Hoglander looked deer in the headlights to me and I don’t know if it’s a good bet going to two young guys yet.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
There were so many times Myers, Zadorov, Soucy and Cole looked like they were beat or the attacker had the angle on them but because of their size and strength were able to use their body to completely snuff out any chance. I thought Cole had his best game as a Canuck and it happened to be in the first game of the playoffs, exactly the reason why we brought him here.
Hronek was very good too.

The city of Vancouver is one with Meek Mill.
Last night Nashville = Meek
Zadorov = Diddy

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hughes Zadorov Soucy and Cole have all been gold for their contracts. Hope they find a way to bring back Big Z.

I suspect Hronek is going to be a problem to sign. While he has been good, he is not Hughes good.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Basically completely agree with this. With Petey especially I thought he made a lot of deft plays to linemates who were completely incapable of maintaining possession, making plays or getting it back to him. They were both bad.

Petey is a guy that draws guys to him and needs others to be able to make passes to get it back to him or to the point etc. If you don't give him anything he's going to get deleted by 2 guys.

The major thing for me is he took that slapper and it came off hard, and he shot it off the rush with his patented old toe drag. Seeing those come off his stick makes me a lot less worried. Also if not for a great toe save by Saaros Petey has the first goal of that game. The biggest negative is his body language which makes things look worse than it is.
Petey is playing with wingers that have very little to no offensive vision.

Höglander is great but he plays with blinders on and he is the best of the bunch out if Mikheyev, Lafferty et co.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Petey is playing with wingers that have very little to no offensive vision.

Höglander is great but he plays with blinders on and he is the best of the bunch out if Mikheyev, Lafferty et co.
Hoglander is so high effort but I don't think his style lends itself to cycling the puck the way Petey would want. It's too chaotic and he chases the puck way too much to get the separation you need for Petey to get space. Hoglander honestly fits JT and Boeser better than he does Petey right now.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad