WCQF Gm#2: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/2/13 - Another Heartbreaker...

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
People are crazy if they think Mike Richards is getting traded. The only trade that is going to happen this year is Bernier for a young winger. Penner is gone though, good riddance, I've had enough.

Also, how unimpressive has Regehr been? My God, I actually get scared every time he gets the puck. I wish Willie Mitchell was healthy :( We look WAYYY better with him

I stayed away from the GDT and this thread until today. Just want to say, it isn't over yet, Quick has been fantastic and I'm happy with Stoll even though so many here love to turn him into the whipping boy. As for Richards, the guys on HNiC were gushing about his play last night, game one wasn't good (from anyone) but he was doing a lot of things right, both on and off the scoreboard.

They just need to get a goal or two, especially 5 on 5 to get things started. And you have to give a TON of credit to the Blues, they are playing lights out hockey for the most part. All 4 lines are rolling and they're hitting like crazy. The Kings aren't as deep this year as they were last year, especially on defence, but the Blues look like last year's Kings.

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
is this gif really crossing the line? saying this is browns hit with blues glasses on. Everyone lose their sense of humor or is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
is this gif really crossing the line? saying this is browns hit with blues glasses on. Everyone lose their sense of humor or is it just me?

QnhDUjV.gif

Did some on this site ever have a sense of humor to begin with?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I stayed away from the GDT and this thread until today. Just want to say, it isn't over yet, Quick has been fantastic and I'm happy with Stoll even though so many here love to turn him into the whipping boy. As for Richards, the guys on HNiC were gushing about his play last night, game one wasn't good (from anyone) but he was doing a lot of things right, both on and off the scoreboard.

They just need to get a goal or two, especially 5 on 5 to get things started. And you have to give a TON of credit to the Blues, they are playing lights out hockey for the most part. All 4 lines are rolling and they're hitting like crazy. The Kings aren't as deep this year as they were last year, especially on defence, but the Blues look like last year's Kings.

Odds are against a Kings comeback, but that's what champions do right, overcome adversity.

You can definitely see some of the guys have it in them by the way they are playing. The question is are the rest going to get on board with the program, or are they just a bit too satisfied with what was accomplished last season.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

QnhDUjV.gif

If someone did to one of our guys what Brown did to this player, we'd be up in arms about it and we'd be pissed right off at a gif like this. I am really getting tired of Brown and his lack of control on his borderline hits. He's really lucky he only got 2 minutes last night, especially having just come off a 2 game suspension.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
that gif is hilarious but in all seriousness, that was stupid by Brown and they showed him on the bench mouthing the word, "Stupid" to himself...now i dont know if that was in response to the partial breakaway he missed or that play but it doesnt matter, he needs to get himself under control.

And as far as the mainboard is concerned, we're the new Vancouver Canucks...thats what happens when you win and you play physically on the edge. Everyone hates us and Duck, Canuck and Phoenix fans are leading the charge. Im over it...we got our cup and we got a great core locked up for years to come. We will continue to be competitive and and other teams will hate us for it.

Also...at this point i dont care about he cup, i just want to beat the Blue's.

Ron*

that gif is hilarious but in all seriousness, that was stupid by Brown and they showed him on the bench mouthing the word, "Stupid" to himself...now i dont know if that was in response to the partial breakaway he missed or that play but it doesnt matter, he needs to get himself under control.

This. QFT.

And as far as the mainboard is concerned, we're the new Vancouver Canucks...thats what happens when you win and you play physically on the edge. Everyone hates us and Duck, Canuck and Phoenix fans are leading the charge. Im over it...we got our cup and we got a great core locked up for years to come. We will continue to be competitive and and other teams will hate us for it.

We are not the new Vancouver Canucks because the difference is we have a Cup and they don't, and their window is closing. Fast.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Wow. The main board has lost it against the Kings. All they can talk about is Brown's reckless check and they act like he was trying to kill the Blues' player.

Yet there isn't any talk about the boarding non-call against Kopitar from Pietrangelo. The only reason no one cares about it is because Kopitar wasn't injured. It was almost the same play as last season from King against Pietrangelo, the only difference is that King is much stronger and caused an injury.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Brown landed that check we wouldn't be seeing him the rest of this series. It really is that bad. If someone wants to complain about it they have the right to.

The Pietrangelo boarding penalty should have been a penalty, but it happened an awful long way from the boards and Kopitar stumbled after the hit, carrying his weight into the boards.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Brown landed that check we wouldn't be seeing him the rest of this series. It really is that bad. If someone wants to complain about it they have the right to.

The Pietrangelo boarding penalty should have been a penalty, but it happened an awful long way from the boards and Kopitar stumbled after the hit, carrying his weight into the boards.

I have to disagree. If Brown landed that check, he would have landed a great open ice check. The only reason he led with his legs/elbow was because he was bound to miss and still wanted to make contact. He was out of position and it was reckless and stupid because of this, for sure.

Wow. The main board has lost it against the Kings. All they can talk about is Brown's reckless check and they act like he was trying to kill the Blues' player.

Yet there isn't any talk about the boarding non-call against Kopitar from Pietrangelo. The only reason no one cares about it is because Kopitar wasn't injured. It was almost the same play as last season from King against Pietrangelo, the only difference is that King is much stronger and caused an injury.

It was pretty much EXACTLY that play. Can you imagine if it were Brown instead of Pietrangelo?

Edit: realized I wasn't clear on the Brown check. Guess I'm just trying to say he missed his hit, so he overcompensated by extended his limbs to make contact. Is that more clear? Shrug. I'm too worked up with my coffee :laugh:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
People are just ripping on Brown on the main board but can you imagine a guy like Gordie Howe playing in today's era. He would have been called to the carpet every second game for the number of elbows and cheap shots he used to dish out.

Yet he will always be a legend of the game. I wonder if people would go ape **** on him if he played today.

Ron*

1. I don't go to the main board for a variety of reasons, one of which you cite here.

2. Brown's head is up his ass. He looked bad on that play; still don't know what he was trying to do. He's one of my favorite players but **** that was stupid.

3. That wasn't a board because Kopitar never made it there...the refs called it correctly by not calling anything at all.

Ron*

People are just ripping on Brown on the main board but can you imagine a guy like Gordie Howe playing in today's era. He would have been called to the carpet every second game for the number of elbows and cheap shots he used to dish out.

Yet he will always be a legend of the game. I wonder if people would go ape **** on him if he played today.

I've said it before and I will say it again. There are a lot of young fanatics on this website and their posts skew what true hockey fans feel and know. You can't judge the average, knowledgeable hockey fan by what you read on this website. You really have to filter out all the crap (about 75% in my estimation) and pay attention to those knowledgeable fans who provide insightful and informative posts.

KingKopitar11*

That wouldn't be a suspension if it landed he hit shoulder first.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
- Justin Williams is fantastic. If he were paired with a better shooter and a person who drove to the net, he would cause more goals. He deserves more recognition.
- Dustin brown, a bit out of control but he still brings it constantly. He does a lot of things very well. For a large portion of last season's playoffs, he was the best player in the NHL.
- Kopitar needs P90X. I assume, due to his youth, he has not really learned that he must be more focused on physical conditioning, especially that is required to be a superstar athlete. I noticed how many times he has been knocked down on normal hits, something must be wrong or he is exhausted.
- Anybody that can get more shots from Carter would be a great help for the Kings.
- Anybody that can get more shots from Kopitar blah blah blah. He is capable of a lot more. He really needs to spend the summer with someone who plays with more power and drive.
- Richards is not very good at receiving passes. I don't really like him much on the Power Play but that is not an important issue right now
- Last year, The Kings showed the entire hockey world what it takes to win a Stanley Cup. Other teams have now copied that method or have tried to and it will work for some, maybe even the Kings again.
- The Blues are a good team. Good for them, they have waited a long time for a SC too. Maybe this is their year? Maybe their dreams will be crushed when the Kings come rolling back to life?

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
If someone did to one of our guys what Brown did to this player, we'd be up in arms about it and we'd be pissed right off at a gif like this. I am really getting tired of Brown and his lack of control on his borderline hits. He's really lucky he only got 2 minutes last night, especially having just come off a 2 game suspension.

Agreed.

I love Brownie with all my heart but he is really screwing over players from the other team, himself, and, most importantly, his team with these kinds of plays.

LAX attack*

When Brown drove the net and brought down Elliot, it definetly turned the momentum. It was palpable. I was wondering to myself - where does the game go from here? I was hoping of course that the Kings would have shaken up Elliot.

I think that was Brown's worst play, rather than his dirty hit. I don't know why, something just changed there.

Also I would be amiss without saying how awesome Quick is. 3 saves that you just don't expect the goalie to make.

Also I have to mention the fact that Doughty was basically carrying the Kings skaters at times.

KingKopitar11*

Agreed.

I love Brownie with all my heart but he is really screwing over players from the other team, himself, and, most importantly, his team with these kinds of plays.

Again it was a bit reckless and bad timing, but no way you can say if he was going to elbow or knee him.

If you look he actually had his forearm tucked in and nailed Perron in the shoulder. That was bad camera angle making it look worse than it was.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone find it funny that blues fans are calling brown dirty and their solution is hoping a blues player injures brown with a cheapshot? lol

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I won't read the main board. The stupidity is overwhelming. I just can't deal with it. Especially the Canucks' and Ducks' fans chiming in. Like their teams are made up of Mother Teresa's. GTFO.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
You are not responsible for anything a player does just because you like the team that pays him. No other fan on the board is either.

There is no point in pretending that someone does not dive when they have been called for diving a few times (assuming a ref mistake is possible).

If he is suspended then it was worthy of a suspension, if he is not then it was not.
It was cheating, it was called by the referee.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I'm glad Brown plays with an edge. In fact, more players on our team should take note and follow his lead. If we can't score, we might as well destroy them with a brutal physical game. That usually always changes the momentum....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad