WCQF Gm#2: KINGS vs. BLUES - 5/2/13 - Another Heartbreaker...

KingKopitar11*

ive said almost exactly that on a # of different threads...its pointless to fight. it doesn bother me that a bunch of ppl on HF dont like the way Brown plays. I love how he plays the game and i dont want him to change, he just needs to be more careful is all.

Exactly, I love how he plays.

It is pointless to fight the horde, it's true. Its just funny how people say he was trying to knee him, the only other way he could make contact with schwartz is if he jumped into him, but instead he tried to lean into him but it didnt work and LOOKED bad. But it was just a normal play.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Wait so you think he tried to knee him? Does anyone actually believe here that he threw an elbow and a knee?

The bottom line is he is responsible for his knees, elbows and stick. He may not be doing it intentionally but he's reckless/careless and that's why some of us have a problem with him.

KingKopitar11*

The bottom line is he is responsible for his knees, elbows and stick. He may not be doing it intentionally but he's reckless/careless and that's why some of us have a problem with him.

Great then, it wasnt knee on knee, and his elbow never was close or even used. The pominville thing was him but other than that I have no problem with him since he's always clean.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
This is why you all have to go over to the main board and chime in on the Perron thread with the same idiotic comments that appear in the Brown thread.

I look at the Brown thread and I see stupid comments saying Brown should get 2 games cause he is a repeat offender and the intent was there.

Then I go to the Perron thread and the same guy says that's not suspension worthy, Perron barely knicked Penner.

I agree with Ziggy, whatever happened to just taking a number. It's hockey.

This obsession with the threads on the main board makes the entire fan base look like a bunch of whiners.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I hope Brown lays the most vicious, legal open ice hit of his career on Saturday. Have everyone ***** even more. I love our Captain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This obsession with the threads on the main board makes the entire fan base look like a bunch of whiners.

Seriously.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

If you guys have a problem with posts on the main board, find a rule and report them, complain to one of the mods here, or whatever. Don't bring it here anymore, it's making us look like babies. I want to talk and read about hockey and this series, not that.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Seriously.

If you guys have a problem with posts on the main board, find a rule and report them, complain to one of the mods here, or whatever. Don't bring it here anymore, it's making us look like babies. I want to talk and read about hockey and this series, not that.

I think the problem is that the boards are not consistently moderated, nor do I expect them to be. Most of all I come here to have a little fun, and yeah sometimes it's at the expense of others that aren't making any sense.

A little irony, or satire to get your point across is better IMO than just calling someone ridiculous or stupid. It's all in good humor.

The point for this particular series is that these are two physical teams and hockey is a rough sport. I have no problem with the way this series is being officiated.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Don't know if I'm trying too hard to see bright side of this but if Kings bounce back, we might see another special game for ages like the ones against Edmonton and Detroit. Here's hoping.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
946296_10151660608056457_2053275825_n.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Don't know if I'm trying too hard to see bright side of this but if Kings bounce back, we might see another special game for ages like the ones against Edmonton and Detroit. Here's hoping.

If? You mean when :yo:

We win our two at home like we're supposed to and we steamroll into STL w/momentum. We were just setting up for a game 6 victory at home, imo ;)

But really, I just hope this one gets dragged out 6 or 7. It's too good of hockey to be short.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I hope Brown lays the most vicious, legal open ice hit of his career on Saturday. Have everyone ***** even more. I love our Captain.

Seriously. Just so he can shut Mike Keenan up more than anyone else.

I'm also getting sick and tired of Engblom and Strader slobbing all over Backes and Perron.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Couldn't agree more. I would love to see Brown lay a Henrik Sedin-like hit on Petro.

Keenan is a dumbass. To indict a guy on national TV like that is ridiculous. He coached Mark Messier for Christ's sake.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm also getting sick and tired of Engblom and Strader slobbing all over Backes and Perron.

They're so blatant . Notice when the Kings were doing great PK, they said nothing. Literally no sounds or talked about something else. Not a word about the aggressive PK . It's like last year...same thing.

I ended up turning the sound down, I couldn't take their gushing anymore.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They're so blatant . Notice when the Kings were doing great PK, they said nothing. Literally no sounds or talked about something else. Not a word about the aggressive PK . It's like last year...same thing.

I ended up turning the sound down, I couldn't take their gushing anymore.

My favorite part of last year's playoffs, aside from the Cup itself, was cramming the experts words back down their throats...I *really* hope we can make them sad again!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
My favorite part of last year's playoffs, aside from the Cup itself, was cramming the experts words back down their throats...I *really* hope we can make them sad again!

The HNiC guys have been really fair to both teams. Not once did I feel like they were picking sides.

LAX attack*

If we lose this series in essentially the same fashion as the first 2 games, I won't be too dissapointed. Everyone knows the offense got hot at the right time, the the bottom pairing has been kind of a mess, and of course needless to say the team is tired.

bobafettish*

so brown didnt get a suspension for his flying kamikaze elbow?

LOL main boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad