GDT: WCQF Game 7: Golden Knights @ Sharks - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
I’m so damn terrified, burned too many times and the possibility of this team doing shark playoffs things wouldn’t surprise me. Just score first and start off fast please

Reactions: Boja

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Ditched work in the FiDi. In San Pedro Sq “working”. Mentally preparing myself. I want to see MAF come unglued like Pekka did in game 7 after Joel Ward’s goal in’16.

Sharks will win tonight. Sharks will win tonight. Sharks will win tonight.

The hockey gods have paved our way for the greatest playoff series comeback in San Jose Sharks history.

Let’s Go!!!

#yajustneverknow

Last edited:
Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's still a coin flip on who wins this game but the first five minutes of the game have been crucial for both teams in this series. If Vegas scores in that time, they win. If they don't, the Sharks win. Basically, this series has entirely been in the Sharks' hands to determine their fate. When they show up to play defense and not let Vegas inside or get the middle of the ice, they win games. Control the game defensively and win. Get loose and they'll lose. I just hope that they don't let the energy and emotions of the game and moment get them out of what brings them success.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Gallant was literally gifted his top 6 by Florida, Columbus, and Minnesota and has at least half the Refs in the league working in his favor and he still has the nerve to complain.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Gallant was literally gifted his top 6 by Florida, Columbus, and Minnesota and has at least half the Refs in the league working in his favor and he still has the nerve to complain.

Because it works so of course he's going to do it and continue to do it. Can't really blame him for that.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think this comeback is a mirage. Guys gonna be too loose out there and hope Jones bails them out.

We went full turtle last game, but I dont think that's a recipe for success.

Reactions: boylerroom

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Going to miss the first period again. I'm hoping to turn on the game and see the Sharks leading 10-0

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
You would think Gallant would be embarrassed to continue talking about how adamant he was that Logan was embellishing...you know...considering it knocked his ****ing teeth out.
Well, Couture was in the blue paint, after all.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this comeback is a mirage. Guys gonna be too loose out there and hope Jones bails them out.

We went full turtle last game, but I dont think that's a recipe for success.

I think the full turtle part was in large part because their passing was abysmal. They certainly have the talent for that part of their game to be significantly better especially with a boost of confidence after a big win. If that is the case, they won't be in full turtle because they'll have the puck more. That may play more into Vegas' preferred style of game as a counter team but I don't expect them to be full turtle this game but I want them to play defense exactly like they did. They should be conservative in terms of their pinching and not overly aggressive on the puck carrier out on the perimeter. Their passing should be better tonight and it should make it so that they rely less on their defensive shell.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I wonder if Gallant's comments pigeon him into using Reaves/Carrier more than he really should? I don't think it's necessary to put that much emphasis on his comments but the guy clearly has an ego that he needs stroking- letting Reaves/Carrier loose validates his tough talk. Take it from me, a guy that barely passed a 100 level psych course 8 years ago.

Reactions: DRJohnson22

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Congest the middle, keep it all to the perimeter, don't turn it over at the blue lines and neutral, and support each other on the puck.

Do that and we're hosting Colorado in a couple nights.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think the full turtle part was in large part because their passing was abysmal. They certainly have the talent for that part of their game to be significantly better especially with a boost of confidence after a big win. If that is the case, they won't be in full turtle because they'll have the puck more. That may play more into Vegas' preferred style of game as a counter team but I don't expect them to be full turtle this game but I want them to play defense exactly like they did. They should be conservative in terms of their pinching and not overly aggressive on the puck carrier out on the perimeter. Their passing should be better tonight and it should make it so that they rely less on their defensive shell.
Yea these guys couldn't even complete a 5 foot pass that game. They were really struggling for whatever reason

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don't know how I feel about this game at all. I don't know which Sharks team shows up, I don't know which Jones shows up, I don't anything.

The one thing I'll say is that we've played them quite well at home, even in Game 2 (which I still blame the refs for), which ended up getting away from us, we had the edge for at least half of it. So, that's hopeful. Jones possibly regaining form is hopeful. The Sharks having confidence in themselves is hopeful...

But man, I can see us losing this 6-3, or winning 5-0 or going to six overtimes. I genuinely have no clue. My hope is that Hertl scores 4 goals in the first five minutes and we can relax a little bit?

So nervous.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I'm hoping Fleury shows us why he lost the starting job in Pittsburgh and hoping for some good defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad