GDT: WCQF Game 6: Jets @ Blues l 6pm CT (FSMW, NBCSN) l Home Cookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
We cannot tell from the clip if he interfered or not. The initial contact was absolutely a push, but something grabbed Hellebuyck's glove. Did Maroon's stick just unintentionally catch it funny? If so, that;s not goalie interference. But if Maroon grabbed it and held on, that is absolutely goalie interference no matter how much he was pushed into Helle. I don't think the replay can possibly show which.
Which is why I don't think it gets overturned. Maroon is outside of the crease, Helle reaches out and pushes him, and then we can't really tell if Maroon holds onto his glove or if the stick catches on it or something.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Post-game audio:

Players: Binnington, Maroon, Pietrangelo.

Coach Berube scrum topics: On the Blues keeping things rolling from game 5. Did the first shift set the tone? What has gotten into Jaden Schwartz? How close was this to the game he would have scripted? What makes Schwartz and Schenn click so well together? What did Binnington show him this series? What's one thing this series has showed him about his team that he likes? Limiting the Jets to six shots through 2 periods. How proud he is of this Blues team. How important was it to avoid game 7? Having a few days before the 2nd round begins, pros and cons.

To listen click here.

The last part of the Binnington interview is hilarious.

Q: “Is it nice to be off for Easter?”

B: “Ya....I don’t really cook so hopefully someone whips something up.”

Q: “What’s a traditional Binnington Easter dinner?”

B: “Um, mini eggs” lol

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
We cannot tell from the clip if he interfered or not. The initial contact was absolutely a push, but something grabbed Hellebuyck's glove. Did Maroon's stick just unintentionally catch it funny? If so, that;s not goalie interference. But if Maroon grabbed it and held on, that is absolutely goalie interference no matter how much he was pushed into Helle. I don't think the replay can possibly show which.

Why take Tarasenko off of PP1? They might not be utilizing him most effectively in the current set-up, but he is still our most dangerous offensive threat. Don't take him off the ice, put him in a position to be more effective. What position is that....ummm...I defer to Coach Easton to unveil our new PP strategy. If pressed, I'd say have him on the right boards in a 1-3-1 set-up with Dunn on the point but I definitely would defer to others when it comes to x's and o's.

Right boards is where I want him but that’s Thomas spot on PP2. I think Thomas is a better PPQB than Perron and Tank. Putting tank opposite Thomas probably wouldn’t work as he hardly one times. I defer to coach Easton as well but just tried of the Petro to Perron to Petro to Perron fake shot to tank clutch fake shot cross ice to Perron lose possession get possiesion pass to Petro shot wide....over and over agian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig