GDT: WCQF GAME #6: Canucks vs. Blues | 6:45 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Story of this series is pretty simple.

Markstrom : .930

St. Louis goalies : .867

That’s as lopsided as you’ll ever see. If St. Louis received the same .930 goaltending we did, they allow 10-11 fewer goals in a 6-game series. Get goaltending like that and you can’t win.
Markstrom was amazing and binnington was trash (particularly tonight), but its worth mentioning that the canucks allowed a ton of shots from the outside, whereas the canucks seemed to get a lot more transition and high danger chances.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Story of this series is pretty simple.

Markstrom : .930

St. Louis goalies : .867

That’s as lopsided as you’ll ever see. If St. Louis received the same .930 goaltending we did, they allow 10-11 fewer goals in a 6-game series. Get goaltending like that and you can’t win.
whatever makes u feel better.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Anyone else tired of MS's shit takes? We'd have Vilardi and Dobson if he was in charge.

So you have absolutely nothing to say regarding my post about why this series went the way it did? Speaking of shit takes ...

I shouldn’t bother dignifying your troll post but :

1) Vilardi is a monster and probably the early favourite for the Calder next year if healthy based on his finish to this year. No, I didn’t have ESP to know a post-draft back injury would force him to miss almost two years of hockey.

2) I *repeatedly* said pre-draft that I had no opinion on Pettersson and couldn’t really rate him because I hadn’t seen him play. I didn’t ‘rate Vilardi over Pettersson’, I rated Vilardi over Glass and had no opinion on Pettersson other than that he looked good on paper.

3) Dobson was always going to be a bit longer developing than Hughes but projects as a Pietrangelo type. We’ll see what happens. Obviously Hughes has been better than I expected (or anyone expected) to this point.

Reactions: Indiana

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The Vancouver Canucks drew the Blues as a first round opponent, it was not a easy take even if you look at the regular standings the Blues are the best team in the NHL. Canucks will win and it will be an upset. There is no doubt the Blues are a stronger team, not to mention they won the Cup last year.

however the difference to me, is the Blues were better 5v5. They were the better 5v5 team. We know that, and the stats will also show it in this series.
however when it comes to playoffs what is also important is....

special teams
goaltending.
and these key factors the Vancouver Canucks dominated which helped us win the series.

The Canucks faced the Ultimate test, they prevailed and they will now face another tough opponent in the Knights. I am hoping we will do better 5v5.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
*eyeroll*

What would the status of this series be right now if St. Louis had received even average goaltending?

I’m happy we won and happy we have the best goalie in the NHL but people are reading a lot of things into a result that was dictated entirely by an absolutely massive goaltending disparity.

What are people reading wrong? No one thinks we are cup contenders. I would say 90% here are just overjoyed to have won the series and don't care how we did it, the point is, we did it.

No one is arguing with you.

Reactions: Indiana

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
*eyeroll*

What would the status of this series be right now if St. Louis had received even average goaltending?

I’m happy we won and happy we have the best goalie in the NHL but people are reading a lot of things into a result that was dictated entirely by an absolutely massive goaltending disparity.

I am a little shocked that Berube went back to Binnington. It was the wrong call and completely gave the Canucks the advantage.

Allen was at least keeping STL level. Even if he had a mini-collapse in the 2nd period of last game.

Great that they were able to win, it's just weird that STL's goaltending was this bad.

Reactions: vanuck and Indiana

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I am a little shocked that Berube went back to Binnington.

to be fair, Binnington has prevailed for the Blues and Beurbe before not to mention despite Binningtons struggles he is still the better goalie and any coach would have probably started Binnington anyways because we were (thank god) either Ian Clarck and our scouting staff probably did their research quickly on him and passed on the information to the Canuck players. The coach wants to put his trust in him again and see if he can bail out his team. But yea agree with ya, Binnington was suprisingly no the same guy last playoffs my gosh is he totally not.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I am a little shocked that Berube went back to Binnington. It was the wrong call and completely gave the Canucks the advantage.

Allen was at least keeping STL level. Even if he had a mini-collapse in the 2nd period of last game.

Great that they were able to win, it's just weird that STL's goaltending was this bad.

It just made for such a weird series. Like, it’s great we were winning but it was more through their incompetence and terrible goaltending than any great play by us, other than Markstrom. And Hughes early in the series.

Others may disagree, which is fine.

Reactions: Bleach Clean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad