GDT: WCQF GAME #6: Canucks vs. Blues | 6:45 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
This is a very big win for this franchise. The young assets were excellent. Goaltending was excellent. Injuries were overcome. Everything from here on out is gravy.
THIS all day long. Going into the qualifiers I think the consensus was it’s good the Canucks especially the young guys get playoff experience so no matter win a series or lose, it’s getting the experience that counts. But if they win a series or two, that’s just gravy. Canucks are playing with house money

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
f*** it. Party time.

giphy.gif

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Story of this series is pretty simple.

Markstrom : .930

St. Louis goalies : .867

That’s as lopsided as you’ll ever see. If St. Louis received the same .930 goaltending we did, they allow 10-11 fewer goals in a 6-game series. Get goaltending like that and you can’t win.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
So what are our chances against the Knights? Their team is really deep, fast and seems to be healthy. What are the concerns?

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I’m gonna go look up the quotes from when the blues were up 3 - 1. Just to entertain myself...

I seem to remember a lot along the lines of blues in six at that point
Lot of people were ready to pack it in after that miserable second period of G4. And whaddaya know, we win the next two. There's something special about this squad...St Louis had all the reasons for winning at that point, had all the experience, the self belief, the skill, and the momentum, yet we beat them anyways.

pretzel

May 5, 2017
This is a very big win for this franchise. The young assets were excellent. Goaltending was excellent. Injuries were overcome. Everything from here on out is gravy.

Exactly! Undefeated when given the chance to close out a team in the Pettersson/Hughes era. Guys are learning how the game is played in the playoffs and developing a killer instinct. This is more than I ever thought I would be able to say for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad