GDT: WCQF| Game 6| Blues vs. Wild| 8:30 - TNT, BSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
O'Reilly is an absolute beast.

Binnington was amazing as well and was moving the puck really well. He's like a 3rd defenseman at times which is invaluable. He hardly ever makes a mistake when he leaves his net.

The rest of the team was simply great. I'm not going to bother naming individual players because the list is too long.

But I will make a point to say that Toropchenko was fantastic tonight, and I think Buchnevich and Thomas are beginning to heat back up. Barbashev has been coming around as well.
Thomas wasn’t as great as he’s been from an offensive standpoint, but I liked his 200 foot game in this series. He’s become a solid all around player. If his line can get it going again offensively, which we will need against Colorado, we have a chance

Reactions: Blueston

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Going to post all the goal gifs now since I couldn't as they happened:

nick-leddy-goal.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think they all sum up pretty well how pumped I am now!

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Unreal team management by Berube. The last 2 years are whatever and different circumstances, but he really is a great matchup coach. The question I keep wondering is what do you do to try to keep Leddy? He's been amazing, but it's gonna be tough to keep everyone under the cap if Tarasenko wants to come back.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Did not see Binnington being the calming presence he has been this series. I thought one of our biggest strengths going into this series was the advantage in net and Husso, while not bad, was not great either. Binner was as steady as could be and barely faltered 5-on-5.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Did not see Binnington being the calming presence he has been this series. I thought one of our biggest strengths going into this series was the advantage in net and Husso, while not bad, was not great either. Binner was as steady as could be and barely faltered 5-on-5.
binner 5on5 save pct this series is approaching like 96-97% iirc

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And to think I wanted the Blues to get Jacob Middleton over Nick Leddy
Leddy has been great. But in fairness, Middleton looked really good for wild. Maybe only guy on their d that I thought did.

Unreal team management by Berube. The last 2 years are whatever and different circumstances, but he really is a great matchup coach. The question I keep wondering is what do you do to try to keep Leddy? He's been amazing, but it's gonna be tough to keep everyone under the cap if Tarasenko wants to come back.
Leddy is likely gonna need to take significant pay cut if he wants to stay here.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Leddy has been great. But in fairness, Middleton looked really good for wild. Maybe only guy on their d that I thought did.

Leddy is likely gonna need to take significant pay cut if he wants to stay here.
I’ll be honest I didn’t know much about Middleton when his name was being thrown around at the deadline. Watching him in this series, I can see why. He was really solid

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

Do bonuses count towards the cap? If not, then that would be the work around I would try to use to keep him. Otherwise if he's asking for 5 mil, then yea you gotta walk.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’ll be honest I didn’t know much about Middleton when his name was being thrown around at the deadline. Watching him in this series, I can see why. He was really solid
Me neither. I tend to watch a lot of west coast games (I’m a night owl) and I had no idea who he was. But I’ve been impressed.

Do bonuses count towards the cap? If not, then that would be the work around I would try to use to keep him. Otherwise if he's asking for 5 mil, then yea you gotta walk.
Can only do bonus on elc or 35+ contract.

Reactions: ezcreepin

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Me neither. I tend to watch a lot of west coast games (I’m a night owl) and I had no idea who he was. But I’ve been impressed.

Can only do bonus on elc or 35+ contract.
Oh me too lol. I’m up in Ontario so the west coast games don’t generally start until 10:30. I’ll watch them through and I still didn’t see much of Middleton

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’d like to know the status of Krug and Scandella
I'd guess that Krug won't be able to play for at least several games. Most viewers think he won't be back this season. We could see that Scandella wasn't ready to return, but they let him play anyway. So he probably aggravated his injury. But, I'd guess he shouldn't miss more than a game or two, and might even be able to play in the opener. I wish we could find out if Krug's injury was a tear, or just a sprain.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
So I mean, say Scandella does come back, what do you do with the defense?

Is Perunovich now a permanent 7th D for the playoffs, assuming Krug isn't returning to the lineup?

LBlues24

May 3, 2017

Is Perunovich now a permanent 7th D for the playoffs, assuming Krug isn't returning to the lineup?
I’d be comfortable keeping 7 D moving forward, at least for now. Scandella would probably slot in for Rosen, possibly Mikkola. I’d like to keep Peru on the PP

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Great job, guys. Like it or not, the Wild were not pushovers and a series win was not a guarantee.

A serious uphill battle lies ahead.

LGB! :yo: :blues :bb: :cheers: 🎉 :party:

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Absolutely!
I’d be comfortable keeping 7 D moving forward, at least for now. Scandella would probably slot in for Rosen, possibly Mikkola. I’d like to keep Peru on the PP
I'd put Scandella in for Mikkola. Rosen is a better and safer puckhandler, and a better passer. Mikkola is a turnover machine. Perunovich is necessary for the power play with Krug out. They need to play 7 defencemen every game the rest of this year's playoffs, as long as Krug is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad