1652362922102.png

Take it from Army himself

End this tonight!
dnKXT.gif

Go Blues!
:bb:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Winning this game is more important to our Cup chances than it is our series chances. I feel confident about winning this series. If we have to go back to Minnesota, we've proven that we can fully control play in that building. I'm not going to panic about getting out of round 1 if we lose tonight. We've already dropped 2 straight in this series and could do it again, but I like our chances to win 1 of 2.

But I badly want to end Minnesota's season tonight. I don't want the stress of a road game 7 and getting 3 days off before the Avs is close to ideal. Not long enough to develop rust, but long enough that you can get to Colorado (and elevation) a few days before game 1 to acclimate. Round 2 will very likely begin on Monday in Colorado no matter what happens in our series. That is the only series that could start Monday if every remaining series goes 7. As much as tonight is about closing this series, it is also about avoiding starting round 2 on the wrong foot.

Win tonight, sleep in your own bed and then fly out to Colorado tomorrow morning. That gives your lungs 72+ hours to get used to some elevation. That's a hell of a lot better than having to win a game 7 in Minnesota on Saturday, flying Minnesota to Denver, rolling into a hotel after 2am Sunday morning and then having to prep for a Monday night game.

Last year Vegas went to 7 against Minnesota and then had to play Colorado 48 hours later. The Knights got curb stomped in game 1. Lehner wasn't good (and was allegedly only in net to give Fleury a rest), but a rested Colorado skated circles around Vegas. I don't want to spot Colorado a 1 game lead because we're tired and still acclimating to elevation. I want to spend a few days in Denver.

Get it done tonight and get ready for the Avs.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
I really hope Tarasenko's performance the other night can pull Thomas and Buch up to compete as well. If we can get that line going, and make the Wild switch between trying to shut down the ROR line and the Tank line its going to go a long way to winning tonight. Can't wait for game time!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Let's Go Blues!

It's time to end this tonight!1 Then let's start getting ready for Colorado!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

This seems silly, but I would guess Talbot plays. It's not like the Blues would need to do much pre-scouting, they seem to have a nice book on Talbot as it. Whoever starts for the Wild though seems like they will have a short leash.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I really hope Tarasenko's performance the other night can pull Thomas and Buch up to compete as well. If we can get that line going, and make the Wild switch between trying to shut down the ROR line and the Tank line its going to go a long way to winning tonight. Can't wait for game time!
Kyrou came out in G4 and Vladi came out in G5.

Will Thomas have his coming out party tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad