Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
05767410-B4D6-438E-8AE9-B41F09A6D950.jpeg

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I haven't been able to read much today, but we think Talbot is starting but we won't know until game time because their coach isn't releasing their lines ahead of time? If that all is true then it sounds very desperate. We might see the Wild at their best for the first 10 mins. If so, we need to match the desperation.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Doesn't matter who's in net for them.

Keys:
1) stay out of the box
2) stay disciplined, not just with regards to key #1, but also with regards to managing the puck (limit turn overs and maintain good coverage)
3) 89, 18, 10 have been quiet but they are doing things outside of scoring, tonight we need to see some goals
4) Binny needs to play above average, keep doing what he is doing
5) Make "The Thrill" earn everything....he's lethal, but don't make it easy for him

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
3) 89, 18, 10 have been quiet but they are doing things outside of scoring, tonight we need to see some goals
Not for nothing, but they combined for 4 points in game 5. Schenn's battle in front of the net was the biggest component of our 1st goal. On Saad's goal, Thomas beat 2 Wild players to chip the puck into the corner for Kyrou to pick it up and center the puck. He chipped it over 1 player from the wall to the middle of the ice, then beat another player to get the puck in the middle of the ice. It was a pretty nifty play and well deserved point. Buch's pass on our 3rd goal was arguably the nicest play of any Blues player in game 5 and then Buch got Tarasenko the puck for the empty netter after a good defensive play.

I'll take another 4 point night like that out of those 3.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Can we drop the puck already?!

Hopefully the lineup changes for the Wild turn out exactly like this:

Reactions: Chet Manly

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man...it will be nice when we get to the Western Conference Finals and back to some normal start times. These Central Division playoff games always get shit on by the league when it comes to start times. Let tonight be game three of an eventual fifteen game winning streak.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Bringing in a goalie who hasn't played in 2 weeks to elimination game seems like a bad idea. Hopefully the Blues can score a couple early and kill any life the Wild have.

Reactions: mk80

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I can understand the fear of the lightning strike one-off goalie performance, but if it happens then he gets Game 7 too and has to do it twice. We are in a situation where the 2021-22 Blues forwards get two cracks at a recently sieve-like journeyman and I really think that's a good situation. If they can't get it done in that situation, let's just say there were going to be much tougher situations looming as the playoffs move along

Reactions: mk80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad