GDT: WCQF Game #6 ★ Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames, 9:30PM CT ★ FS-SW, CBC, SN, NBCSN ★ Stars lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Good for the young guys, gotta love that. For all the shit Benn takes, I feel like 91 deserves to be shit talked more. 3 secondary assists in the bubble. Yay. It's very much gotta change in round 2 to compete with Colorado.

All of them do. Seguin is non-existent, Benn always looks lazy, and Radulov has become Roussel 2.0. For guys making a collective 25M, they should be playing a hell of a lot better than other team’s third/fourth lines.

If they are able to wake the f*** up and produce like they used to even just for a couple games a series, then maybe this is our year.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Holy shit, what a 180 turnaround; just watched it. Go Stars!

Not starting an argument with you M88K but Gurianov is a top-6 fwd; on an offensive team especially. Somehow the Stars learned how to score.

Colorado will be tough. If Seguin and “Beast Mode” can wake up it’ll be an interesting series.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Benn-Seguin-Radulov with an amazing 0 combined points tonight
Imo it really shows how much NHL has evolved into a more young talent league, it's the new meta so to speak, teams that want too much of old and "experienced" players for the "presence" don't just know that they are hurting the team, it don't work like that nomore, todays youth has so much more resourses to become insanely good when you compare to 15 years ago. Some old dudes do keep up but those are the truly elite ones.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Imo it really shows how much NHL has evolved into a more young talent league, it's the new meta so to speak, teams that want too much of old and "experienced" players for the "presence" don't just know that they are hurting the team, it don't work like that nomore, todays youth has so much more resourses to become insanely good when you compare to 15 years ago. Some old dudes do keep up but those are the truly elite ones.

I don't know about that without Pavelski this team would of probably been out in 5 games. His clutch performances turned this series around and he was great again last night.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
why would it change?
He had a good game. Good for him.

Went from "Biggest bust since Dolly Parton" to a legit young scoring forward, IMHO. Of course, as my Dad used to say when I got an "A", the bar is higher and no place to go but down. Really encouraging, as so many Dads were.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Damn ... this is a massive decision. One coach will be rewarded.

One leaves his guy in. The other pulls his guy after 3.

I almost feel bad for Geoff Ward. He's got to be getting shredded for this decision. It's not an uncommon decision or anything, but geez that went poorly.

When I posted this, there was no world where I imagined they give up 3 more that fast before the end of the period. Brutal ....

Is it such a bad decision that it's harder to remove the interim tag?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Think it was 4:3 when Cogliano took that random shot from a wierd angle that almost went in on Rittich was where the Stars team saw ok that goalie is really struggling and just started to shoot shots you usually don't take and sure enough the next two goals came off shots that shouldn't happen. That rebound that Pavs put in shouldn't happen and that 6:3 was a nice shot but i don't think an NHL goalie can give that up. The Gurianov shot that led to the 4:3 by Faksa you can kind of excuse.

Ward made his bed with Talbot in the previous series . He should've stuck with him for the rest of the game. Just like Bones stuck with Dobby because Oettinger just was not really an option .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It’s a fast league. You don’t have to be McDavid, but you can’t be below average speed wise. All three on that “top” line are slow. They don’t pull away from anyone these days.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It’s a fast league. You don’t have to be McDavid, but you can’t be below average speed wise. All three on that “top” line are slow. They don’t pull away from anyone these days.

Pavelski is slower than all 3 of Benn , Seguin , Radulov and makes it work. He's just more often than not in the correct spot to make a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad