GDT: WCQF Game #6 ★ Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames, 9:30PM CT ★ FS-SW, CBC, SN, NBCSN ★ Stars lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dallas has pushed a series to 3-2 on 10 different occasions.

They are 8-2 in Game 6.

They are 8-2 in the series. Dallas hasn't won a Game 7 in this situation.

... maybe don't test fate.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I don’t want to see this Stars team in a Game 7.. I don’t think I handle it. Let’s get it done tonight and get ready for the Avs.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

So I'd probably assume he is gonna be in the lineup. I'd also assume there is no way he is actually healthy

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

So I'd probably assume he is gonna be in the lineup. I'd also assume there is no way he is actually healthy

I wish NBC would stop saying the stick to the groin is why he went off initially. He left warm-ups prior to that and was clearly already nursing some kind of injury.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I wish NBC would stop saying the stick to the groin is why he went off initially. He left warm-ups prior to that and was clearly already nursing some kind of injury.

That would require brain power to understand and articulate a situation in the game, something NO broadcaster has.

Took Razor 9 months to realize you can't get thrown out of the faceoff dot on an icing.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As good as Janmark has been, we may not even notice that substitution.

Unless Kivi scores.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
One of Bowness' answers to a question today makes a bit more sense and probably suggests what the lines will be tonight.

He started talking about Hintz and how they thought he could be a fit on the line with Gurianov and Pavelski, but Janmark has been playing pretty well. Rather than just subbing in Kiviranta on the line, might see the reunion of Pavelski with both young guys. They played well together at times early in the season.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
FWIW ... I'm not suggesting this is a bad decision. One of the things he said he really liked about Janmark with that line was his defensive play, and Kiviranta brings that.

Regarding Janmark ... gosh I don't hope it's déjà vu all over again. Am I remember this incorrectly, or didn't be break his foot last playoffs and play on it?

There's no chance this isn't his foot from blocking that shot. I bet when they finally took the boot off, that sucker just swelled up. Hopefully nothing is broken though.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Islanders just eliminated Washington. ENG with a couple minutes to play, and they're up 3-0. Any of the folks outside of Dallas shouldn't miss the start of the game now so that's nice.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Islanders just eliminated Washington. ENG with a couple minutes to play, and they're up 3-0. Any of the folks outside of Dallas shouldn't miss the start of the game now so that's nice.

I'll actually get some time between the games for once.

Getting really tired of hearing Kenny Albert and Pierre McGuire every f***ing game, though.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
For some reason Sportsnet isnt showing on NHL_Games tonight so that's too bad. FSSW or NBCSN.. tough choice.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm just realizing ... if COVID-19 doesn't shut down the season, Dallas would have fallen to the 7th or 8th seed in divisional playoffs (if not out of the playoffs), and they likely either play Vegas or Colorado as the 7th or 8th seed.

They never really would have a shot to get out of the 1st round probably.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Well ... maybe they will be a line. Bowness is a fan of (totally pointless) mind games when it comes to injuries and starters. It wouldn't be a shock if he threw out the line combos as a diversion.

So, so many NHL coaches love the pointless mind games.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Wow different lines in warmups from the start of the game, Calgary is shook their entire game plan is OUT THE WINDOW!

LETS GO!

Reactions: nORRis8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad