GDT: WCQF Game #5 - Sharks vs Kings - 7:30pm PDT CSNCA CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
I just want this series to end tonight, the boys to escape injury-free, and for them to get some much deserved rest.

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
Two important keys to the game tonight:

1. Win.
2. Dont get hurt.

A desperate Kings team will do anything to stay alive. We gotta be safe.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
With Rooney and St. Laurent reffing tonight, I wouldn't expect much help from the zebras tonight but they have been involved in a couple brouhahas so far in the first round. They were the refs for the Andrew Shaw incident and the messy finish in game two of Tampa/Detroit was their game as well. The only other game besides those two that they had was Florida-NYI game three. Nothing really out of the norm there.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Prediction: Someone is going to score in the first 2 minutes, and that team will lose the game.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So, how we all feelin?

Scary confident?
Cringing in anticipation?
Holding my damn breath?
Already planning for game 6?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
With Rooney and St. Laurent reffing tonight, I wouldn't expect much help from the zebras tonight but they have been involved in a couple brouhahas so far in the first round. They were the refs for the Andrew Shaw incident and the messy finish in game two of Tampa/Detroit was their game as well. The only other game besides those two that they had was Florida-NYI game three. Nothing really out of the norm there.

I know we clicked on the pp last game but the longer it's 5v5 score close the better for us

casubieowner

Nov 4, 2011
San Jose, CA
So, how we all feelin?

Scary confident?
Holding my damn breath?

Hopefully the Sharks can score the 1st goal and put that seed of doubt in their mind. Also wouldn't mind seeing Doughty slam his stick on the ice in frustration again when the Sharks score on L.A. early in the game or late in the game to seal the win :)

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
So, how we all feelin?

Scary confident?
Holding my damn breath?

Same as I've felt all series. I believe the Sharks are the better team, but they still have to go out there and execute. Stay out of the box, capitalize on the chances you get, shake some hands.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Step on their necks and crush them - that's how I am feeling.

cvT45A7.gif

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So, how we all feelin?

Scary confident?
Holding my damn breath?

Flip a coin...heads, Sharks win...tails, Sharks lose. It's pretty much how it is at this point. lol

I know we clicked on the pp last game but the longer it's 5v5 score close the better for us

I agree until the Sharks bury one or two and then the pushback is real. lol

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
on the feelings - seems like we have been down this road before. I keep telling all the So Cal people I work with, that I will believe it when I see a handshake tonight cause sometimes it's like can we trust the Sharks?

Anyway the blame game is the refs coming from LA's side at least it's different refs tonight. I guess? So maybe it plays a factor maybe doesn't.

Barrie - 15 OT's?! I don't think my ticker can take that!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
on the feelings - seems like we have been down this road before. I keep telling all the So Cal people I work with, that I will believe it when I see a handshake tonight cause sometimes it's like can we trust the Sharks?

Anyway the blame game is the refs coming from LA's side at least it's different refs tonight. I guess? So maybe it plays a factor maybe doesn't.

Barrie - 15 OT's?! I don't think my ticker can take that!

Me either but as long as it ended with a series winning goal, i would get over it pretty quick. And it would be pretty cool to maybe pass out and still catch the ending of the game lol

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I think I will always be nervous until we win a 4th game. I will be nervous if we're up 4-0 at the start of the 3rd.

There's more than just advancing to the next round thats on the line. It's about pride and the identity of this franchise.

I want this team to be able to say they beat LA, feel great about it, and finally move past all of the demons and media poking about 2014. I want fans to feel more pride and confidence in this team, so that more people attend games again, so that the Tank becomes a dangerous place for opponents to play, instead of the Sharks.

This series about the franchise identity.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
This is excellent! Even without the names, I would be able to tell who each player is. ****ing great work! Wingels is my favorite, that hair is spot on haha

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So, how we all feelin?

Scary confident?
Holding my damn breath?

Nervous and neutral. Maybe leaning towards slightly confident given how we have played so far? I am not sure whether to expect a win or a loss. All the games have been so close.

Honestly, it is nothing to do with this being a must-win for LA. I have felt this way the entire series.

I will just be happy once we win this series. After that, it is playing with house money as far as I am concerned.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
I think I will always be nervous until we win a 4th game. I will be nervous if we're up 4-0 at the start of the 3rd.

There's more than just advancing to the next round thats on the line. It's about pride and the identity of this franchise.

I want this team to be able to say they beat LA, feel great about it, and finally move past all of the demons and media poking about 2014. I want fans to feel more pride and confidence in this team, so that more people attend games again, so that the Tank becomes a dangerous place for opponents to play, instead of the Sharks.

This series about the franchise identity.

I feel at this point, this series means more to us fans, than the players. Yes I'm sure it means something to them, but they are professionals at the end of the day. Just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad