GDT: WCQF Game 5: San Jose Sharks @ Los Angeles Kings | Friday, Apr 22 2016 - 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Kings have surrendered 15 goals in these 5 playoff games.

Quick wasn't at his sharpest, he's better than this, but my God the porous defense needs to be rehauled, and I don't know how or what Lombardi will do to find 3-4 bodies on the blueline (some of which will come internally).

Doughty - Yandle
Muzzin - Martinez
Gravel - Forbert - will only see 12 - 14 mins a game
Greene

More mobile, better defence.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
At a certain point you really have to look at Quick as a reason this series was lost. He's been exactly what his detractors have claimed for years: reliant on a good system and blueline in front of him. He hasn't come close to stealing a game.

No. Our defense is Swiss cheese.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Quick is a great competitive goalie but they could have given others a chance as well. The system definitely has to change we have no skill

People laugh when others say we should've kept Jones. But again, some fans are living in the past. Jones "might" be as good as Quick at this point. He might not. But if he isn't, it's only by a hair and when you pair that with being younger and having a smaller contract, it's not as outlandish an idea as it sounds at first. Quick is more likely to make the spectacular save but when it comes to stopping the goal from getting in the net, there's not much difference between them.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
At a certain point you really have to look at Quick as a reason this series was lost. He's been exactly what his detractors have claimed for years: reliant on a good system and blueline in front of him. He hasn't come close to stealing a game.

So who do you acquire, armchair GM? What goalie out there do you want?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

That's exactly what people have said about Quick for years. He needs a good D in front of him.

Well, this year he has a **** D, and this is the result. 15 goals against in five games.

Not saying that adage is true. Quick has made some tough saves. But he's been consistently mediocre. That kind of GAA is unacceptable for an alleged elite goaltender, no matter how bad the D.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
And yet the team continues to be predictable and be content to shoot it from the blue line.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If it came down to keeping Vinnie or Lucic, I'd actually go with keeping Vinnie.

I'd keep most of the UFA's rather than Lucic. A giant disappointment in the playoffs.

People laugh when others say we should've kept Jones. But again, some fans are living in the past. Jones "might" be as good as Quick at this point. He might not. But if he isn't, it's only by a hair and when you pair that with being younger and having a smaller contract, it's not as outlandish an idea as it sounds at first. Quick is more likely to make the spectacular save but when it comes to stopping the goal from getting in the net, there's not much difference between them.

People laugh because nobody is going to trade for a goalie making $6 million on the cap for many more years.

Muzzfan

Mar 10, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Kings don't have the defense to do it this year without Martinez in the line-up.

Better team won the series, but F the referees for not giving us a fair shake when we were working hard.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Vinnie's the one guy I'd really like to see us keep next year. He's probably given the most effort on the team.

Jesus Christ thank god you're not in charge of anything. You'd get rid of Quick, keep Vinnie.. What else in your master plan? lol

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
What changes can a cap strapped team make?

Mersch and Dowd will be up.

Bye Shore, Nolan, Lewis, Vinny, Versteeg,

Lucic???

No first rounder.

Kemp isn't ready

Scuderi & Greene?

McNabb?

All I'm expecting is AHLers coming up.

Pinnacle years are starting to be in the rear view mirror.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
I'd keep most of the UFA's rather than Lucic. A giant disappointment in the playoffs.

People laugh because nobody is going to trade for a goalie making $6 million on the cap for many more years.

That's not why. Look at all the posts on it over the last two seasons. A lot of people act like Quick is a lot better than Jones but at this point he isn't.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Kings lead for four minutes. They didn't hold onto any lead in the series. Were lucky not to get swept. Quick stole game 3!! We would have needed him to steal them all.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Jesus Christ thank god you're not in charge of anything. You'd get rid of Quick, keep Vinnie.. What else in your master plan? lol

I didn't say I'd get rid of Quick. I just said that when people suggest what I said about Jones it's not as outlandish as some of you guys are suggesting. There are too many players on this team that some people act like are untouchable or as good as they used to be but this isn't 2012. You're blind if you can't see that at this point.

I would like to see Vinnie come back. Obviously not at his price and it's obviously not going to happen. But he's been a good pickup this season and he's been one of the most consistent as far as giving effort.

I say the team needs a strong retool. No, they don't need to get rid of Quick, but if they did and kept Jones, it wouldn't have been worse than what we have going forward. There's still a good core but they need a serious wake up call and to stop living in the past. What do you suggest? Same ole same ole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad