Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 5: Preds @ Ducks | 5:00 PM CT (6:00 ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The positive was that we put pressure on the Anaheim goal and actually scored. Our discipline was absent.

At this point, the options are to sit guys like Ribs ... meaning a callup ... or the insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
enough with "luck"... this organization has shown it can't get it done. I've never seen a team come back from a 2-0 deficit so effortlessly in any sport in my entire life.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
enough with "luck"... this organization has shown it can't get it done. I've never seen a team come back from a 2-0 deficit so effortlessly in any sport in my entire life.

I am not blaming the loss on luck- let me be clear on that.

But it can't be argued we have had some horrible luck this year and you cannot tell me that first goal was not completely bad luck for us, and great luck for them.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I am not blaming the loss on luck- let me be clear on that.

But it can't be argued we have had some horrible luck this year and you cannot tell me that first goal was not completely bad luck for us, and great luck for them.

yeah sure I'd agree .. I'm just disgusted right now. I ****ing cannot stand ribeiro

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Honestly, call me crazy, I don't think it's over yet.

I am not optimistic, but when when I calm down from the way I feel right now I will probably agree. If we win Game 6, a BIG if I know, the Ducks will have an incredible amount of pressure on them.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
7 game series after losing 3 straight the Preds have a 12% chance to win in game 6 and a 8% chance in game 7. So yeah its pretty much over, and to consider that after game 2 the Preds had an 88% chance of winning the series. Its really nauseating.

Last edited:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Honestly, call me crazy, I don't think it's over yet.

I'm with you. I see the problems this team has, mostly the same since the onset to the season really (including Ribeiro's reactionary antics) and most of which I put onto the coaching staff, but all teams have their quirks and weak points and just winning one game - the 6th - puts the Preds into a 50-50.

It's easier to win 2 in a row (giving the Preds the series) than to win 4 in a row (seeing Kesler's ugly ducklings go ahead to round two).

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
7 game series after losing 3 straight the Preds have a 12% chance to win in game 6 and a 8% chance in game 7. So yeah its pretty much over, and to consider that after game 2 the Preds had an 88% chance of winning the series. Its really nauseating.

Weren't the odds against us winning the series before game 1? Selective odds ... not so reliable.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
And while we bemoan our losing control of the series to the Pacific Div champs .. the Flyers won two in a row against the Predsident's Cup winners with game 6 at Philly, the Wild clawed back into their series with the Western Conference regular season champ Stars, the Hawks are in position to tie their series after being down two games to the Blues with game 5 at StL .... but woe is us. It's sports ... it happens ...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Weren't the odds against us winning the series before game 1? Selective odds ... not so reliable.

Im working my memory now If I recall it was 41% before game 1 after game 1 57% after game two 63% after 3 54% after 4 37%. The odds were below 50% after 4 because of losing the home ice advantage after 3 and 4.

But right now I would feel better with 41% rather than what is projected now. It may be lower tomorrow due to the goal differential. We will see.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
And while we bemoan our losing control of the series to the Pacific Div champs .. the Flyers won two in a row against the Predsident's Cup winners with game 6 at Philly, the Wild clawed back into their series with the Western Conference regular season champ Stars, the Hawks are in position to tie their series after being down two games to the Blues with game 5 at StL .... but woe is us. It's sports ... it happens ...

The biggest surprise there has been the Wild they had little to no chance at all before the series.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Im working my memory now If I recall it was 41% before game 1 after game 1 57% after game two 63% after 3 54% after 4 37%. The odds were below 50% after 4 because of losing the home ice advantage after 3 and 4.

But right now I would feel better with 41% rather than what is projected now. It may be lower tomorrow due to the goal differential. We will see.

So, by your own admission, the odds were 3 to 2 against us before the series against a div champ started. As I said, selective odds (which you keep posting) are not reliable.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So, by your own admission, the odds were 3 to 2 against us before the series against a div champ started. As I said, selective odds (which you keep posting) are not reliable.

That's the thing about statistic's. There is always a margin or as they say in politics margin of error. And everyone participates. Many just on gut feelings. My prognostication was wrong I predicted 1 win and that was game 3. So in reality I thought they had a 20% chance before the series started. But its not about me what I have regurtated it was from others with far more complex formula's. I did not see any way the Preds would go into the pond and win both games and it is a well founded prognostication since it has only occurred 291 times.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
This post season is no different on HF than the previous editions ... heading into the series we see post after post about how we suck and we'll get swept. Win a game or two, even when still truly the underdog, then expectations magically change. Lose a game or two, revert to we suck and didn't deserve to even win a game type posts.

The reality is that this was an extremely inconsistent and streaky team all season long. Go weeks with a point in every game, go long stretches without wins ... look completely inept defensively, or look like a shut down team that can score ... yin or yang. This series is simply a microcosm of the regular season.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
That's the thing about statistic's. There is always a margin or as they say in politics margin of error. And everyone participates. Many just on gut feelings. My prognostication was wrong I predicted 1 win and that was game 3. So in reality I thought they had a 20% chance before the series started. But its not about me what I have regurtated it was from others with far more complex formula's. I did not see any way the Preds would go into the pond and win both games and it is a well founded prognostication since it has only occurred 291 times.

So now you're not responsible for the content of your own posts? It's other people's information that you just regurgitate?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So now you're not responsible for the content of your own posts? It's other people's information that you just regurgitate?

I am not responsible for most of the stats I have posted here over the years they come from sports odds makers. I will tell you this though the last two years of my undergrad work and my grad work dealt with statistics. Probabilities for the most part and I participated in gathering and crunching those numbers not only in school but in the professional world afterward. If you do not believe them no biggie. But rest assured I have done the process. I question many of the variables that odds makers put in sports and I do not agree with them the majority of the time. But the people they work for make money due to people betting against them.

The reality is that this was an extremely inconsistent and streaky team all season long. Go weeks with a point in every game, go long stretches without wins ... look completely inept defensively, or look like a shut down team that can score ... yin or yang. This series is simply a microcosm of the regular season.

So stop watching? No one should show up to games? Don't buy concessions? Burn my jerseys?

At this point I'd rather spend my entertainment monies at a concert and spend my beer money on drugs and booze. Can't lost a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00