GDT: WCQF - Game 5 : Blues @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Faulk has really blossomed. I never expected him to be this stout defensively when we dealt for him. Really good instincts on both ends of the ice. So strong on his skates and just doesn’t make many mistakes.

He is a top 32 defender in the league and does not deserve to be in a tier below guys like Spurgeon, Brodin, or Dumba as Wild fans were suggesting.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
Looking at the series, hard to say it's not Kiril Kaprizov and the 40 thieves vs. Scheherazade and the thousand Blues.

Reactions: mk80

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
This was a game I felt confident the Blues would win even when they were down. One of the best games they’ve played in their own zone (against an actual good team) that I can remember this year. If they can bring that more often they might just make some noise. Doesn’t hurt having Binnington’s puck play either. Husso does not provide that at all.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Took a little peak at the Wild board. They are losing it 😂 And they still think they’re better than us. I truly believe they don’t make the playoffs without Krill. This playoffs is showing they were a one man band this whole year.

I want a Kaprizov now ! I’m jealous 😡😂

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Honestly couldn’t tell you when the last time they smothered a team like that. Truly was at a lost for words. It was like a whole other team out there for those last 13 mins.
maybe 11F/7D is the way to go

1652244182101.png

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The boys smothered the Wild after Vladdy’s second goal. I mean smothered. SMOTHERED !!!
Honestly couldn’t tell you when the last time they smothered a team like that. Truly was at a lost for words. It was like a whole other team out there for those last 13 mins.
That 3rd period looked like the 2019 Blues! We have seen it in spurts the last few years, but that was the most consistent playing like that!

Took a little peak at the Wild board. They are losing it 😂 And they still think they’re better than us. I truly believe they don’t make the playoffs without Krill. This playoffs is showing they were a one man band this whole year.

I want a Kaprizov now ! I’m jealous 😡😂
The amount of 3v3 OTs they won this season was a huge difference maker for them in getting to 113 points. Had we won two more OT games we'd have tied them for 2nd place and had the tie breaker for home ice.

Edit: Love him, like him, or not, shoutout to @TheDizee for calling a Tarasenko GWG going into the 3rd period!

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Was totally worried in the 1st and much of the 2nd.

Binny kept us in it. Too many dumb penalties. Was worried the depth scoring would be AWOL again.

5 games in Vladi comes ALIVE. FINALLY.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
our d even banged up is so so so so so much better than edmonton's

good grief

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Definitely gonna miss the next game. Heading to Tejas for a bit.

Go Blues! Finish them off at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad