WCQF Game 5: Avalanche @ Flames | 10PM | NBCSN, CBC,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I had a feeling Calgary was a paper tiger this whole season (never thought they had the goaltending to contend), but I at least had them making it through to the second round.

Well now that is the 1 seed in both the East and the West knocked out in the first round. I wonder when the last time that happened is?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Damn you Avalanche. You guys were too good. The team speed was absolutely overwhelming. Very Vegas like with the back pressure and constant in your face attack. Made everyone on the Flames look ordinary. Congrats and hope you guys win the Cup. No shame in losing to the best.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
The NHL's randomness is getting a little out of hand. The results are almost too random.
I mean, the non-random part of this is that all these teams had goalies that really shit the bed here. If you look at the matchups where goaltending isn’t a one-sided travesty (eg. Tor v Bos, Stl v Winnipeg, Dallas v Nash) you can see a much more competitive series.

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I had a feeling Calgary was a paper tiger this whole season (never thought they had the goaltending to contend), but I at least had them making it through to the second round.

Well now that is the 1 seed in both the East and the West knocked out in the first round. I wonder when the last time that happened is?

Never. This is the 1st time that its happened.

Reactions: MacBradley

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Some Flames players quotes on Mackinnon.

Giordano- “one of the best players in the world” “took over the series”

Smith- “he’s a beast”

Tkachuk- “he really is up there with a guy like McDavid”

That last one is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad