Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 4: Ducks at the Preds | 7:00 PM CT (8:00 ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This has probably been posted already in another thread, but....

I posted about this very subject in the observations thread, but I didn't do any research to see exactly what the numbers were, so this is very interesting.

For whatever reason, teams who win the first 2 on the road have a hard time winning game 3.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Likely has less to do with the team winning the first two than it does with their opponent. Going down 0-3 is a death knell; back a cat against a wall and you'll get clawed. We played poorly in Game 3 no doubt, but over a large sample size, I think Game 3 losses are likely driven by opponents pulling out all the stops.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well we finally drew Tim Peel....as a standby ref that is.

refsgame4.jpg

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Please don't spend the whole night chipping it out of the D zone to them.
Out of town for work, but should get to the Bridge by puck drop.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
Likely has less to do with the team winning the first two than it does with their opponent. Going down 0-3 is a death knell; back a cat against a wall and you'll get clawed. We played poorly in Game 3 no doubt, but over a large sample size, I think Game 3 losses are likely driven by opponents pulling out all the stops.
I agree and I also felt like NSH came out a little safe, probably not wanting to make any huge mistakes whereas ANA was to the wall as you say.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I agree and I also felt like NSH came out a little safe, probably not wanting to make any huge mistakes whereas ANA was to the wall as you say.

Isn't it funny how they came out playing it safe not wanting to make any huge mistakes and then Bitetto made a huge mistake that led to their first goal?

I'll never understand why teams do this. You won two games. Play the way that got you that 2-0 lead. Up 24-7 in a football game in the 4th quarter? Keep playing the defense that got you there instead of the prevent trying to prevent any "big mistakes."

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Smith seems to be out of the lineup. I don't follow anyone anywhere, so I live by your updates. Any confirmation on his status?

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Please just score and get the crowd into the game. The other night was so dull and most regular season games have more crowd interest. Let's get back to playoff hockey and atmosphere.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Please just score and get the crowd into the game. The other night was so dull and most regular season games have more crowd interest. Let's get back to playoff hockey and atmosphere.

I am not able to make the long trek from Bham for the game tonight, so that should help our odds of good things happening.

I have an uncanny ability to be there when the games absolutely stink and to NOT be there when good things happen.

I was able to make only one of the two games this week, and of course we wound up choosing Tuesday.

So tonight will probably be an exciting win......

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
I am not able to make the long trek from Bham for the game tonight, so that should help our odds of good things happening.

I have an uncanny ability to be there when the games absolutely stink and to NOT be there when good things happen.

I was able to make only one of the two games this week, and of course we wound up choosing Tuesday.

Thank you for your sacrifice. We need a win badly! :yo:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
We're gonna win 4-2. :nod:

When i read this post, i though i wrote it. Further research showed me i didn't ... but in all honesty ... i could have written it.

I therefore fully back it ... with all the power of my body and my soul.

Deep inside of me, i know they simply played with us the last game ... (the Pred's team i mean played with us the fan's) ... to make it less boring and add more thrill.
Someone tells them we do not need extra thrill ... we want them to win more than have emotions ... like ... will they catch up ? (with sweat and tears)

So, team from Nashville .. please behave like normal hockey players and ... you know ... score more goals than the other dirty and perverse team.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch

Tough situations require tough sacrifices.

Your attitude is heroic and will be, if they win the cup, remembered at the same level than the names that will be graved on the cup, by the gods of hockey themselves.

Your descendants will be as numerous as the grains of sand in a aquarium 125 liters and they will all play hockey ... one will be at least part of the US national team.

Yes. ALL the above is very true.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wouldn't Arvidsson be better off playing alongside a playmaker? With his insane speed and willingness to throw himself into the painful areas, I'd bet he would be so much more dangerous if he had someone who could set him up. Fisher simply isn't a playmaker in that sense.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Tough situations require tough sacrifices.

Your attitude is heroic and will be, if they win the cup, remembered at the same level than the names that will be graved on the cup, by the gods of hockey themselves.

Your descendants will be as numerous as the grains of sand in a aquarium 125 liters and they will all play hockey ... one will be at least part of the US national team.

Yes. ALL the above is very true.

Ahem...

#5: Sorcery - acts of sorcery are not permitted on any of the forums which make up HF Boards, or any forums owned and operated by Crave Media. Acts of sorcery include, but are not limited to, voodoo dolls, discussion of potions, reciting curses, firing pucks through the boards, posting while levitating and predicting the outcomes of the lives of fellow posters, moderators, administrators, or anyone affiliated with the NHL or mainstream sports media.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad