Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 4: Ducks at the Preds | 7:00 PM CT (8:00 ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The Preds really supported Rinne in the first two games, played great defensively, were attacking/going after that puck and bodies, stealing the puck, and not letting the Ducks come in easily to their end of the ice or getting set up. Going to need to get back to that also if they want to be successful. Imo they need to attack the Ducks bodies and puck more on the blue line cause the Duck are getting across the blue line pretty easily these last two games compared to the first two games and are doing a better job of keeping the puck in. Feel we are giving them too much time and space and not doing a better job of keeping the puck away from them. They need to make it difficult for them to even get the puck in let alone keep the puck in kind of how they are doing to us now, which is why we are having difficulty scoring not to mention the fact that they are doubling teaming/containing our best players alot better now and not giving us much time and space and are getting better goal tending.

Think we should change our lineups on our bottom lines to make it more potent/dangerous seeing how the Ducks have been containing our top lines these past two games, especially w/ Smith being out in order to help w/ our scoring chances.

Also because our top/best players are being targeted/guarded better we are going to need our other players that normally don't score/shoot the puck to shoot the puck and start generating goals instead even if it is greasy goals. Think Johansen and Ribiero need to start shooting the puck more themselves cause the Ducks are tying up Neal, Forsberg, and Roman Josi.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
1-19 on the powerplay is painful.

The Ducks are aggressive on the pK but they keep they collapse so well / so quickly. We haven't figured out how to get shots through. The Preds keep looking for the perfect shot, and it just is not there. The passing isn't quick enough to break up the box, and we too often get walked into a trap unprovocated. I almost want to see them setup behind the net or have the half-board forward start skating in towards the slot/taking the best shot he is given once pressured. Put Wilson/Fisher in front of the net, pray for rebounds.

Yes the pp is horrendous and has been all year. The coach is responsible here. I think housley is in charge. He is a one trick pony but lavy is sitting at the head of the table.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yes the pp is horrendous and has been all year. The coach is responsible here. I think housley is in charge. He is a one trick pony but lavy is sitting at the head of the table.

Please- can people stop saying this??????????? It is simply not true. Look up some stats before you post.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Please- can people stop saying this??????????? It is simply not true. Look up some stats before you post.

I think it's more of a round hole for a square peg. If you can shut down Weber on the PP, we really don't have many other options and nothing else has worked this series.

The PP was our downfall in 2010 against Chicago, and it is shaping up to be much of the same this series.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The only criticism I have of Arvidsson is I wish he wouldn't fall so much. Other than that I feel he is working his butt off/playing hard.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Looked up the stats as you said and our PP is currently at 5.3%, the 2nd worst in the league after Detroit.

Just ONE powerplay goal in 19 powerplay's is atrocious considering how many penalties they get.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
Looked up the stats as you said and our PP is currently at 5.3%, the 2nd worst in the league after Detroit.

Just ONE powerplay goal in 19 powerplay's is atrocious considering how many penalties they get.

That was in reference to the PP being bad during the regular season, which was not the case. NSH was 10th in the league at 19.7%.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Was talking about regular season (poster said PP has been bad all year)

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

The problem is that all 19 of those PPs aren't the same. Not converting on a 5 second PP is not the same as not converting on a two minute PP.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
The problem is that all 19 of those PPs aren't the same. Not converting on a 5 second PP is not the same as not converting on a two minute PP.

Give me a break. Nitpicking to the extreme if you try to act like our PP isn't atrocious.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I think it would be a mistake for you guys to take Rinne out. He hasn't stolen any games, but he's doing a fantastic job at screwing up the ducks forecheck by getting to as many dump ins as he is. He's so quick to play the puck. It's frustrating the crap out of us ducks fans. Of course some of that is on us not being good on dump ins so far, but Rinne is just so athletic out there.

As far as the preds offense goes, I really feel like they need to play ahead or even the rest of the way. The ducks are still playing with some injured bodies out there so they are trapping the crap out of the game when they get the lead. Anaheim was the best defensive team in the league for a reason. It's not how we prefer to play, but I think it's pretty clear at this point that the strategy in this series is going to be to lock it down. I don't think we can go toe to toe with the Preds right now. Not with so many guys just coming back from or still dealing with injuries.

Lastly, I would just say that I get your frustration ( I was at games 1 and 2 so I can relate), but the preds are still in a good spot in this series. If you look at the Ducks recent history we've had major issues closing out good teams like the preds in in game 6's and everyone knows our recent history of game 7's at home. This series is far from over. You guys have a awesome team this year. We certainly weren't excited to draw Nashville in the first round. Good luck the rest of the way.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Welp hate to say this but can we now put Hutton in instead of Rinne for game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA