Pre-Game Talk: WCQF | Game 3 | Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues - Aug 16 - 7:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Is Gaudette going to get some playoff experience? I thought the whole point was to give the young guns some playoff experience.

I've been super dissapointed with the way this orginization has handled Gaudette's development so far.
He was bad in the first game against wild, got replaced by Eriksson and the team hasn’t lose since then....

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don’t think it’s fair to say the Canucks have played poorly. I think they’ve done a good job defending the middle of the ice and the high danger areas in their own end, and I think they’ve done a really good job on special teams.

Possession throughout the game is an area the Blues have an edge and their cycle game is obviously a key strength. But the Canucks have certainly kept pace with them thus far, I feel.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Is Gaudette going to get some playoff experience? I thought the whole point was to give the young guns some playoff experience.

I've been super dissapointed with the way this orginization has handled Gaudette's development so far.

The whole point is to win the Stanley cup, you don’t tinker with a lineup that is winning games

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010

The team has won 5 games in a row since he last played. No coach is going to insert him into the lineup just for the sake of it in that situation.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Check out my post in "The Fourth Utica Comets Thread" in the Normal threads below for a look into a past playoff duel between Marky and Binnington in 2015. The current duel isn't their first.

this is a lovely photo

EfQCWtSXsAgwm1F

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I don’t think it’s fair to say the Canucks have played poorly. I think they’ve done a good job defending the middle of the ice and the high danger areas in their own end, and I think they’ve done a really good job on special teams.

Possession throughout the game is an area the Blues have an edge and their cycle game is obviously a key strength. But the Canucks have certainly kept pace with them thus far, I feel.

Yep, agreed.

I also think the Nucks are playing a bit of 'Cat and Mouse' with the Blues - which can easily blow up in their face, as it almost did last game.

I feel they are playing cautiously aware - and then countering and capitalizing on the mistakes they feel best suit their style.
Counter-striking.
They certainly are not playing into the style the Blues want them to play..

Maybe it's the cold medication, or if you or any of you have thoughts on this; lead the way!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Marky starts the next game. Can only see Demko getting a start if Marky gets hurt or completely craps the bed, or possibly if the game goes into multiple overtimes.

i have no issues with back to back start since right now literally is like 2 weeks into October with the Canucks and well everyone else getting 5 month rest. If this was April and we played 82 games different story.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Does marky start in back to back games? Or does demko draw into one?

One has to think Marky on both. But, I'm sure the coaches are looking into Marky's back to back record.
Small chance Demko get's in. Small..
Heck! I thought the Flames would 100 percent go to Riddy. Yet, Talbot has a very good back to back record.. Who whoulda thunk?

And, unless Marky pulls a 'Tuukka', he will probable be playin'. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bettman Returnz

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Yep, agreed.

I also think the Nucks are playing a bit of 'Cat and Mouse' with the Blues - which can easily blow up in their face, as it almost did last game.

I feel they are playing cautiously aware - and then countering and capitalizing on the mistakes they feel best suit their style.
Counter-striking.
They certainly are not playing into the style the Blues want them to play..

Maybe it's the cold medication, or if you or any of you have thoughts on this; lead the way!

we need to stick it to them and also play a physical game. I know this virtanens specialty. Hits were 41 /27, we need to up our hitting game more.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
we need to stick it to them and also play a physical game. I know this virtanens specialty. Hits were 41 /27, we need to up our hitting game more.
Yep. Agreed. Especially on Perron. But, we don't wan't to play into their style and lose what is working as well.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Yep. Agreed. Especially on Perron. But, we don't wan't to play into their style and lose what is working as well.

One thing I worry about most is the refs. it’s too bad toffoli is not here too, he will put Perron in his place or even ferland.

Reactions: Ozone

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
When did Perron become a cheap shot artist? I remember when he was a soft winger who scored some goals in Edmonton.

Reactions: Ozone

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The Blues are (as usual) going to come out hard, intimidate, hit, slash, intimidate, cross-check our stars, intimidate....

Counter Strike..

I just hope Benn follows the game plan, and is up to speed.

Unless Myers was taking 'targeted' penalties and a few too many real ones, I feel not enough good things have been said about his performance (before he was hurt) the last game.

I hope we don't miss the big dude too much: I guess we will see.

Woooo! Getting excited already! Calm down me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad