Pre-Game Talk: WCQF | Game 3 | Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues - Aug 16 - 7:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Plus with Juolevi i'm fairly sure that Green is going to give him like 5-6 min of sheltered ice time. I'm not expecting Benn to shoulder the weight that losing Myers provides but at least he'd play more and have Green's trust.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Is Gaudette going to get some playoff experience? I thought the whole point was to give the young guns some playoff experience.

I've been super dissapointed with the way this orginization has handled Gaudette's development so far.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Is Gaudette going to get some playoff experience? I thought the whole point was to give the young guns some playoff experience.

I've been super dissapointed with the way this orginization has handled Gaudette's development so far.
Did he not get into game #1..?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Plus with Juolevi i'm fairly sure that Green is going to give him like 5-6 min of sheltered ice time. I'm not expecting Benn to shoulder the weight that losing Myers provides but at least he'd play more and have Green's trust.

Stecher + Benn have to handle Myers + Stecher minutes. Obviously Benn isn't being expected to step in and handle top 4 minutes. Stecher, who is playing very well right now, will get more minutes and Benn will come in to play physical low event third pairing minutes. He should be fine, and the team will be killing one less penalty per game since the refs truly hate Myers.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Hughes Tanev
Edler Stecher
Benn Fantenberg

Is what I'm going with.

Edit: But I'm not sure if that works LD RD

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Vancouver and Calgary are experiencing a moment of solidarity over Edmonton's failure and it is genuinely hilarious
It's weird cheering for them but I think it would be a fun series if we both make it.

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What else is the house radio guy going to say? Jeff Paterson has a lot different take over at TSN. Benn hasn't played in four months and has only been back at practice for a few days after his 14-day quarantine. And although the Canucks claim that he can play the right side, he's never been asked to do it for the Canucks. And let's face it, overall he's had a poor season and been scratched on a lot of nights.

Now Green throws a rusty Benn into back-to-back games in the midst of an intense playoff series? This could ugly fast. For personally selfish reasons I'd like to see Juolevi, with somebody like Hughes moving to the right side. He can basically play anywhere.

But Green is nothing if not predictable. So it'll be Benn out there on an island.
It's not like there is another sensible option if Myers can't go. Nenn is experienced and won't get rattled by the moment. I'd still go with him plus a little rust over Juolevi.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I’ve been reading other around the league threads on HFBoards and I’m surprised at how many people actually like our team. Especially the Calgary board. The 2010s seem so long ago

We don't really have anyone other teams hate. It's not like we're a roster full of Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, Torres, etc.

The only guy who kind of fits that bill is Roussel but he's been relatively quiet so far.

Basically we're a likeable team. Underdogs.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

No. The whole point is to win as many playoff games as possible. The young guys getting playoff experience is the bonus that makes it all worthwhile if they don't end up winning many playoff games.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
to me it is extremely disappointing that they never tried him on wing throughout the season.
Center depth was weaker than winger depth this year. I know no one wanted Sutter and Beagle as the 3/4 C's.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
As always in this series, special teams and goaltending.

I do have a concern for GM 3, especially if Myers isn't able to suit up. In GM 2, the Blues showed that willingness to "play on the edge" - Sutter's hit was just one example of many. The Blues showed their pride and determination by clawing back to a tie, only to have the Canuck upstarts fling it back in their faces in o/t.

If the Blues lose GM 3, it'll all be over except for the decent burial. I think we're going to see murderers' row on Sunday. Canucks players better keep their heads on a swivel. If the refereeing is halfway decent, we could pull it off.
This may possibly be the toughest, most physical game the Canucks will face in these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad