GDT: WCQF - Game #3 Avs in Nashville @2:30pm MT| 4:30 ET|10:30 EET (Uncle Risto) | 3:30 ICT (Kingslayer)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Ingram can't possibly do that again. Can he?
I'm a little worried there's more to it than Ingram playing great. It feels like Nashville might be adopting the defensive posture strategy used by Arizona a couple of years ago where they're packing everying back and cluttering the front of the net. They seemed pretty preoccupied with the lopsided score of the first game.

A lot of Makars shots from up top were ricocheting off bodies and I was often worried they'd lead to a breakaway the other way for Nashville. I think they might need to move the puck deeper and even behind the net to counter how Nashville was playing.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nashville has figured them out. 6-0 NSH, Duchene double hattrick. Rantanen hattrick.

Reactions: The Moops

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ingram can't possibly do that again. Can he?

Avs will adjust. Even over the course of Game 2 you could already see some adjustments as the forwards started going more and more to the slot area for tip attempts and rebounds from point shots to try to vary things a bit more and create traffic in front of Ingram instead of persisting with trying to beat him clean.

That change started almost immediately when Landeskog went back on the top line, and eventually that approach is how the OT winner came about, with a point shot getting blocked with Helm, Sturm, and O'Connor all crashing the slot, and then Makar potted the rebound in the ensuing chaos.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
No rest for the wicked.
1651938873884.jpeg

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
@Buster Dalrymple I think it’s just generally a way to defend Colorado.

The Avs run the high cycle and a lot of teams will pack a bunch of bodies in the slot and hope they can block a ton of shots. It’s the kind of a strategy that relies on luck, but has been effective at times.

Imo, the Avs had plenty of chances in game 2 though. Landeksog and Kadri both whiffed on what were basically open nets.

Makar should have some back-door pass opportunities today, since I’d imagine the Predators will be blanketing him with coverage after game two.

Last edited:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
@Buster Dalrymple I think it’s just generally a way to defend Colorado.

The Avs run the high cycle and a lot of teams will pack a bunch of bodies in the slot and hope they can block a ton of shots. It’s the kind of a strategy that relies on luck, but has been effective at times.

Imo, the Avs had plenty of chances in game 2 though. Landeksog and Kadri both whiffed on what we’re basically open nets.

Makar should have some back-door pass opportunities today, since I’d imagine the Predators will be blanketing him with coverage after game two.
Imagine having to blanket Makar, with MacKinnon on the ice and vice versa. Expect some too many men penalties from the preds as that's the only way they can shut them both down.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I know the preds arena is said to prefer only fans of Nashville for playoffs. I’m curious, how do they verify that upon purchasing a ticket?

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Game time gets even better considering Formula 1 Miami qualy slots neatly right before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad