WCQF Game 3: Anaheim Ducks (2) at San Jose Sharks (3) 10:30 PM ET | SN1, TVAS2, CNBC, NBCSCA, PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
For all that supposed talent the Ducks sure know how to master the Succ.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
No offense, but they do it every game they're down. Perry is a dirty **** bag, but I have more respect for Getz, but you can tell he shouldn't be the locker room leader. He is a great player, but he needs leadership, not to be the leader. He gets frustrated way too easy and either gives up or goons it out, and as a leader, the rest of the team follows suit.

I watch all of the games. No, they don't do it every time we're down. I know you hate them but don't make yourself look like an idiot.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's a miracle the Ducks were able to reach 100 pts this season.. They rarely looked impressive during the regular season and when they did it lasted for max 2 games.

You see all these teams coming up with big efforts down 2-0 in the series meanwhile Ducks and Kings can't do jack ****. Has to be a wakeup call for both teams in terms of where the game is headed and how the slower, heavier defensive-minded teams just aren't the way to go anymore.

Meanwhile the Knights and Sharks who are on top of the Western conference in terms of team speed keep on rolling over them.

Gonna be a good one between Vegas and SJ, wasn't very difficult to predict.
To be fair, Anaheim's issues would go a long way to being fixed if they had a GM and coach who didn't overely on slow, veteran players to such a degree - Anaheim was regarded as one of the quicker teams in the NHL under BB. Anaheim has plenty of speedy, young players in the AHL but RC likes having slow veteran players on his 4th line as they make 'safe' plays (see: Vermette, Chimera, Kelly etc) opposed to playing younger players on there.

Anaheim does have some slower players (and they will be stuck with them given their contracts in Perry and Kesler), but Cogs/Silf/Kase/Rakell/Henrique as forwards are hardly slow and Anaheim has one of the more mobile defence cores in the NHL (which RC refuses to really let them show it off which says it all about his pathetic coaching). As I said above, biggest issue is Anaheim needs to move back towards a more modern roster building philosophy (and coaching staff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad