GDT: WCQF Game 3 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 7:30 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Strange that detroit has to play every other day, where as some other teams have had three days in between etc. Also include the timezone differences of 3 hours.... They will be pretty beat up

ESunlin

Jul 13, 2008
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Had to actually login just to comment on this one.

BRAVO- I am seeing Mr. Babcock in a whooooole new light. :naughty:

'Bout time the ladies got something around here!

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I just read that lashoff is in over white or cola. Now I think lashoff may be a touch better overall defensively than them but after watching him play there is one thing that he really struggles with. Dealing with the cycle down low, I have seen him just plain not pick up his man skating into the slot many times this season. These thoughts make me cringe just thinking about how the ducks are going to exploit him.

crashman

I just read that lashoff is in over white or cola. Now I think lashoff may be a touch better overall defensively than them but after watching him play there is one thing that he really struggles with. Dealing with the cycle down low, I have seen him just plain not pick up his man skating into the slot many times this season. These thoughts make me cringe just thinking about how the ducks are going to exploit him.

Exactly, and the Ducks are pretty damn good at cycling down low. I really don't get this decision. Lashoff was a pleasant surprise in that he looked like he could be a full-time bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL, but he's still only an average one. Babcock wants a big defense, I think that's pretty clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

crashman

Does anyone have the photoshop of Ericsson screaming and Kronwall getting eaten by the T-Rex? I need to see that again, it's a classic...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
First coyote ugly now magic mike? lol, good stuff flashy! :handclap: always A+ work.

Good luck to you guys tonight, very excited about game 3, and the series.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8 min
Samuelsson started drills in 4th line with Emmerton and Eaves while Tootoo worked in. Samuelsson also practicing on power play. Might be in.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 10 min
Wings on ice for skate. Bertuzzi working on top 2 lines, possible indication he's not playing tonight.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7 min
Samuelsson working the point on 2nd PP unit with Kindl. Quincey not on power play.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Everyone except DeKeyser (broken thumb) is skating including Helm.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8 min
Samuelsson started drills in 4th line with Emmerton and Eaves while Tootoo worked in. Samuelsson also practicing on power play. Might be in.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 10 min
Wings on ice for skate. Bertuzzi working on top 2 lines, possible indication he's not playing tonight.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7 min
Samuelsson working the point on 2nd PP unit with Kindl. Quincey not on power play.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Everyone except DeKeyser (broken thumb) is skating including Helm.

Don't really care for Sammy, but at least there is a silver lining.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Haha. This place is going to explode when people realize that nyquist is a healthy scratch.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 13 min
Babcock said he plans to match Datsyuk and Filppula lines against Getzlaf/Perry with the series shifting to Detroit.

Also

Bob Duff @asktheduffer

#redwings Datsyuk on wanting Abdelkader on his line: "I wanted Lemieux, Gretzky and everybody else - no, he works for us well. I’m happy."

Maybe it isn't myth after all, RWN?

Last edited:

crashman

Is Brunner still on the first PP point?

So now we're going to be doubly unsafe back there?

Sammy is good defensively.

I understand people being frustrated with Sammy's contract and the fact that he's always injured, but he has played really well when he's healthy (not this year, obviously). He was good in Vancouver and Florida, when did people just start assuming he's a terrible hockey player?

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012

I understand people being frustrated with Sammy's contract and the fact that he's always injured, but he has played really well when he's healthy (not this year, obviously). He was good in Vancouver and Florida, when did people just start assuming he's a terrible hockey player?
I dont mind him on the point too much but hes definitely not going to be chasing down a potential 2 on 1. He's slow. I always fear those type of plays with a forward on the pt, they can be game changers. I have this same feeling with brunner but hes probably got a step or two on sammy in a foot race. Im also hoping he hits the net with his shot, he could lead the league in shots on goal if his accuracy was better. The plus side is he's never afraid of pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 13 min
Babcock said he plans to match Datsyuk and Filppula lines against Getzlaf/Perry with the series shifting to Detroit.

Also

Maybe it isn't myth after all, RWN?

When a reporter asks Datsyuk about wanting Abdelkader on his line -- Datsyuk, before a playoff game -- is going to ***** about it/

RedWingsNow*

Because he's a mediocre hockey player who plays sissy hockey.
He's also not very good defensively. Better than Bert, possibly

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
:laugh: We got to enjoy the stellar cleavage of the Coyote Ugly GDT... This one was for the ladies posting here.

I hope Fugu appreciates it
!

Noice. It made me smile this morning.

It's going to be 80 F out here in Washington, so I'm grabbing my camera and heading for the Cascades for a day trip. I'll have to DVR the game and watch it tonight.

Go Wings!

RedWingsNow*

Noice. It made me smile this morning.

It's going to be 80 F out here in Washington, so I'm grabbing my camera and heading for the Cascades for a day trip. I'll have to DVR the game and watch it tonight.

Go Wings!

Sounds awesome.
Have fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad