GDT: WCQF - Game #2 Avs host Preds @ 7:30 p.m. MT | on TNT, SN360, SNE, TVAS, ALT, BSSO

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy smokes, that was a well-oiled machine tonight. I thought the team played better than in game one if that was somehow possible.

There were some iffy moments that I think the Avs can work on such as getting helmed in the zone too long at times, shooting into Ingram's glove, and Mikko Rantanen being pure rubbish. However, you can't really say any negatives after watching that nuclear weapon going off. All Nashville could've done was dump the puck out of the zone and go for a line change. It reminded me of Avs vs Sharks when Anderson did that 50-ish save shutout or something where one team kept piling it on yet they didn't break.

Makar played one of the best playoff games I've seen since prime Giguere or Datsyuk he was that good. Just gotta stay humble let the chances come to us.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Holy smokes, that was a well-oiled machine tonight. I thought the team played better than in game one if that was someone possible.

There were some iffy moments that I think the Avs can work on such as getting helmed in the zone too long at times, shooting into Ingram's glove, and Mikko Rantanen being pure rubbish. However, you can't really say any negatives after watching that nuclear weapon going off. All Nashville could've done was dump the puck out of the zone and go for a line change. It reminded me of Avs vs Sharks when Anderson did that 50-ish save shutout or something where one team kept piling it on yet they didn't break.

Makar played one of the best playoff games I've seen since prime Giguere or Datsyuk he was that good. Just gotta stay humble let the chances come to us.

Yeah, they need to study Ingram before game 3, way too many shots glove side that he was handling easily.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I am absolutely a firm believer that jeering an opposing player does nothing but motivate him. Like, can anyone think of a time it's actually 'worked?'
Never seen it work. Only motivates them. Unless you're the home crowd jeering Roy maybe.
A version of what it looks like when your soul leaves your body.
Need to photoshop that into this Simpsons clip

Meanwhile, Calgary Flames who are built better than the Avs for playoff hockey, got shutout by the Stars and their series is tied 1-1
Where is that lauded offense that always shows up for the playoffs at? ;)

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I'll wait until the Avs face a good team before showering them with praise. Even bums like Nemeth looked respectable against the Blues last season, but once they faced a challenge the entire team played like shit.

Reactions: The Moops

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I'll wait until the Avs face a good team before showering them with praise.

This.

With all respect to Nashville, but those 2 games must have been a nightmare. Thanks to Ingram Game 2 wasn´t another bloodbath.

Let´s see what they can bring on home-ice.

Reactions: katfude

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
szpongebob.jpg

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
You can always count on Nashville to pull a noname Dominator standing on his head out of their ass. From Rinne through Husso to now Ingram.

This series is far from over. I saw people claiming he cant repeat that kind of performance consistently over the length of play-off series, but heck, he definitely can, it happened before with other goalies. He played that good in the first game already, but it was already decided at the point he got into net, so nobody noticed. Hopefully, he wont.

Its funny how in hockey single position can pretty much decided the final outcome. We are twice the team Nashville is, at least were in this game, yet it was close and easily could have gone other way, if Forsberg did not hit the post, but scored, and Ingram would be the single reason for that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just pure domination. Avs kept turning the screws and upping the intensity as the game went on.

The first period was pretty average but 3 PK's killed momentum. After that it was all Avs apart from that 5v3 Nashville were very lucky to receive as they did nothing to earn two calls.

Feels like this was Nashville's only shot at making this a series with their goalie playing unreal, that 5v3 post shot by Forsberg will likely go down as their biggest what-if.

1651838977725.png

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

This is why I have a problem with advanced stats, you look at that and you think G was a force. For the most part what he did was skate up the left side boards, run out of room and then get rid of the puck to whoever is close. I think he’s still hampered by something, even when he does his spin it seems like an absolute chore. He’s displaying some tunnel vision out there.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is why I have a problem with advanced stats, you look at that and you think G was a force. For the most part what he did was skate up the left side boards, run out of room and then get rid of the puck to whoever is close. I think he’s still hampered by something, even when he does his spin it seems like an absolute chore. He’s displaying some tunnel vision out there.

Someone mentioned before that in trying to bulk up (after the Vegas series) he's lost his mobility and is often fighting himself. And he's still not strong or big enough to matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad